VillaTalk Deadpool 2018

Xela

44 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Dolores O'Riordan lead singer of the Cranberries has died aged just 46.

She'll be bank soon as a Zombie. Besides she wouldn't have wanted to Linger on.

Seriously though, great voice and that's far too young to go.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Seriously though, great voice and that's far too young to go.

Not in recent times, saw them doing Linger live on some daytime TV newsy / talk  thing at some event about a year ago and her voice was incredibly bad, turn the sound down bad

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Not in recent times, saw them doing Linger live on some daytime TV newsy / talk  thing at some event about a year ago and her voice was incredibly bad, turn the sound down bad

one day someone will die and you won't crucify them before the body is cold   :D

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

one day someone will die and you won't crucify them before the body is cold   :D

Hey I just tell it like it is. But seriously it was that bad I turned round to see who was murdering Linger and it was Delores herself

And I liked quite a few of their songs, not a full on fan but, Chindies assessment was right, she had a great voice which I've witnessed live a few times including sound checks etc

Edit: Found it

Good Delores

Bad Delores

Amazing how many fans think that sounds great in the comments, I only noticed one person who spotted how bad it was

Never a fan of the cranberries but that is way too young to go. 

Also very sad news re Cyril Regis - only met him once at the sty (I was being paid to be there) and he was a really nice guy and looked fitter than the vast majority of players on show. He must’ve been mid-forties then. 

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

Is it bad that the first thing I thought was ‘****, now i’m going to have to hear that horrendous Zombie song on repeat for the next week?’

My baker colleague and I were trying to start a band (the Yeastie Boys) and Zombie was about the only song I managed to teach him on the guitar.  It's very simple yet a great song of my youth.  46 is no age, horrible news, and I'm sad about Regis too.

13 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

My baker colleague and I were trying to start a band (the Yeastie Boys) and Zombie was about the only song I managed to teach him on the guitar.  It's very simple yet a great song of my youth.  46 is no age, horrible news, and I'm sad about Regis too.

Great band name ahead of actually being able to play any instruments, I like your priorities :D

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Hey I just tell it like it is. But seriously it was that bad I turned round to see who was murdering Linger and it was Delores herself

And I liked quite a few of their songs, not a full on fan but, Chindies assessment was right, she had a great voice which I've witnessed live a few times including sound checks etc

Edit: Found it

Good Delores

Bad Delores

Amazing how many fans think that sounds great in the comments, I only noticed one person who spotted how bad it was

I nearly went to their last tour and didn’t cause I found out it was acoustic / with strings etc ( as per the second video )

sorta wished I’d gone to it now ... but also glad I didn’t. 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

Ha, we were really shit.  I say 'we', I was alright but he had some spinal condition that meant he couldn't use his left hand properly.

Yeah - that could be a bit of an obstacle to playing the guitar ! :D

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Ha, we were really shit.  I say 'we', I was alright but he had some spinal condition that meant he couldn't use his left hand properly.

3337CD3B-50A8-47FC-A338-EED888FD62F1.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2