VillaTalk Deadpool 2018

Xela

There is at least one other person on here that knows Chas Hodges was much better than the rather trite 'Chas and Dave'. He played in a cult band of the late 60's early 70's called 'Heads, Hands and Feet'; they never really made it but released a great 'turntable  hit  called Warming Up The Band' which I always found really tricky to play (on drums) but then I wasn't much good ! I guess he made more cash out of Chas and Dave but it is often surprising what musos have done in the past - like ace session bassist Herbie Flowers wrote the dreadful 'Grandad' for Clive Dunn.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I wonder if Paul Chuckle and Dave could buddy up and be some sort of novelty super group?

'to you rabbit rabbit to me rabbit rabbit'

My Missus came up with that plan as soon as the alert came up on the phone earlier, what that says about you I don't really know.... :mrgreen:

• Like 1

On 22/09/2018 at 15:01, veloman said:

There is at least one other person on here that knows Chas Hodges was much better than the rather trite 'Chas and Dave'. He played in a cult band of the late 60's early 70's called 'Heads, Hands and Feet'; they never really made it but released a great 'turntable  hit  called Warming Up The Band' which I always found really tricky to play (on drums) but then I wasn't much good ! I guess he made more cash out of Chas and Dave but it is often surprising what musos have done in the past - like ace session bassist Herbie Flowers wrote the dreadful 'Grandad' for Clive Dunn.

One of my favourite musical "facts" is that Chas and Dave played on Eminem's "My Name Is", given that it samples Labi Siffre's "I got the" for which Mr Hodges and Mr Peacock were session musicians.

I would take issue with C&D being "trite" though. Obviously they had mainstream appeal with the snooker one and the one about rabbits but some of their songs have lyrics that are just poetry and if you put the cockernee knees-up stuff to one side, some of their songs are absolute belters.