VillaTalk Deadpool 2018

Xela

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Randy Scruggs 64, country music producer, songwriter and musician and son of Earl Scruggs has also died. Following a short illness. 

I'm probably the only other VTer that didn't think "Who?". 

• Like 2

Dale Winton was a nice guy. Not surprised he's gone. He looked unwell the last couple of times I saw him, lots of concealing makeup. That was probably 6 years ago.

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

:rolleyes:

My only real connection to Dale Winton was that, if I was ill in primary school, and had the day off, I would always make sure to get to a TV in time for 'Supermarket Sweep'. I loved the concept of that show. I think the idea of being let loose in a supermarket and able to get literally whatever I wanted was pretty much my idea of heaven. 

No wonder I'm a fatso now. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

My only real connection to Dale Winton was that, if I was ill in primary school, and had the day off, I would always make sure to get to a TV in time for 'Supermarket Sweep'. I loved the concept of that show. I think the idea of being let loose in a supermarket and able to get literally whatever I wanted was pretty much my idea of heaven. 

No wonder I'm a fatso now. 

"Ill in primary school".  That is exactly what Dale Winton meant to me too.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Reading about Dale Winton, I didn’t know that his dad died the same day as his bar mitzvah and his mum  (actress Sheree Winton) killed herself when he was 21 and he found her body. 

Tragic.

**** me, all that happened yesterday

And I thought I had it bad when I got a drop of toothpaste on my slipper and evening gown before going to bed..

What a poor guy :( 

11 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Only just saw the news about Randy, sorry to disappoint you Moonman but I also didn't think 'Who?

I'm not overly knowledgeable on him but Earl Scruggs was an absolute legend and the reason I started playing the banjo

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

Only just saw the news about Randy, sorry to disappoint you Moonman but I also didn't think 'Who?

I'm not overly knowledgeable on him but Earl Scruggs was an absolute legend and the reason I started playing the banjo

We had an office Christmas party back in the 80s when a colleague and I took in a banjo and guitar and played 'Foggy Mountain Breakdown'. It was surprisingly well received (everyone was drunk). 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

**** me, all that happened yesterday

And I thought I had it bad when I got a drop of toothpaste on my slipper and evening gown before going to bed..

What a poor guy :( 

Slippers and evening gown , who do you think you are , Hugh Hefner  ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Avicii, artist and producer. 28 years old. Heard the name but don't know much more about him.

I know he was a huge name in the EDM scene.

• Like 1