VillaTalk Deadpool 2018

Xela

6 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

I only posted Flava In Ya Ear, in the 'What Song' thread recently. RIP :(

Project Funk Da World had a lot of gems on, mostly produced by Easy Mo Bee, his follow up album was good as well loved 'Jockin my style'. He seemed to disappear after that, made an appearance on the Special Delivery remix in like 2002/03, even had a line about releasing an album in his verse, but never happened. Apparently he went and joined a bizarre Christian cult shortly after.

• Like 1

Had no time for the man. From Kent, but spoke with an American accent. Pretentious.*

*Yeah, I did steal that joke from Ricky Gervais. Big whoop, wanna fight about it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

The government will be fairly happy about this one. He's been a high profile critic of healthcare cuts, and given his ailments, basically an embodiment of the argument against them.

Huge loss.

Absolutely this. Aside from having one of the greatest minds of anyone that ever lived, he was a staunch NHS campaigner, and scathing of Jeremy Hunt. I recall a speech he gave, where he chastised Hunt, for only selecting research which aided his agenda, which Hawkins said undermined the principals of scientific research.   

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Absolutely this. Aside from having one of the greatest minds of anyone that ever lived, he was a staunch NHS campaigner, and scathing of Jeremy Hunt. I recall a speech he gave, where he chastised Hunt, for only selecting research which aided his agenda, which Hawkins said undermined the principals of scientific research.   

The only thing Hawkins was interested in, was the truth.  Whether the truth was unfair or not.

He also believed that should we have the means to help others, then we should. 

So it goes without saying that he detested most politicians; most of whom are complete **** who, generation after generation become more extreme versions of their daddies, who were also most likely f***nuts too. 

In before Bickster starts calling him a word removed. Jim Bowen has died. I worked a lot with Jim in the 90’s as he did a few seasons at Butlins. A fairly nice bloke off stage, pretty much as his persona, straight faced but definitely of the clubs. As soon as he was off stage he was to be found at the bar and considering the amount he drank, amazed he made it to 80. Nice fella, always liked him.

21 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

In before Bickster starts calling him a word removed. Jim Bowen has died. I worked a lot with Jim in the 90’s as he did a few seasons at Butlins. A fairly nice bloke off stage, pretty much as his persona, straight faced but definitely of the clubs. As soon as he was off stage he was to be found at the bar and considering the amount he drank, amazed he made it to 80. Nice fella, always liked him.

giphy.gif

Legend.  Still love watching old Bullseye now.

• Like 4