VillaTalk Deadpool 2018

Xela

COPIED FROM LAST YEAR

So, someone had to start it.   I'll throw in two rules too:

You get five names.  Five.  If you list more than five names then any names from six onwards won't count. 
100 points for a dead celebrity.  200 points if that celebrity is below 40 years of age on the day they die. 
The number of points is divided equally between every person who guesses correctly. If you are the only person to name somebody who dies then you get the full hundred. If five people guess, it's twenty points each. Decimal scores will be rounded up, ie, if three people guess then they get 34 points each, not 33.333

I'll be generous with the deadline. Entries are valid up until 23:59 January 6th 2018.  Editing your post after that time will invalidate your entry into the game.

• Like 1

Can't remember who (if anybody) I picked last year, but I'll go with my original plan of picking some of my heroes (it's like betting against the Villa). I hope for a 100% failure rate. 

Bob Dylan

Neil Young

Joni Mitchell

Sonny Rollins

Ramblin' Jack Elliott 

• Sad 1

Leah Bracknell

Marieke Vervoort

Val Kilmer

John McCain

Liam Miller

I desperately didn't want to put on Stan Lee this year but he's 95, increasingly frail and his wife died this year after about 60 year of marriage, I fear the legend might end this year :(. Then you've got a bunch of others in their 90s who look horrendous - Bush Snr looks dreadful for instance. But I'm hoping against hope that going against the old duffers angle might work this year. So illness it is.

17 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Leah Bracknell

Liam Miller

Cold!

Mind you I took the same view with Clive James! He's been nearly dead for about 5 years! 

I thought about Stan Lee and Kirk Douglas (he's 101!)

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

Cold!

Mind you I took the same view with Clive James! He's been nearly dead for about 5 years! 

I thought about Stan Lee and Kirk Douglas (he's 101!)

Clive James was on my maybe list. The Reaper has to get him eventually, they reckoned he was a goner years ago and even he is amazed he's not dead.

Leah Bracknell was on my list last year. She unfortunately has terminal lung cancer and appears to be focused on alternative treatments.

Liam Miller is a bit of an outsider. Pancreatic cancers are particularly bad and his age swung it. But I might switch for someone else before the deadline.

Honestly though there's so many celebrities that are both old and ill now you could name a list of 20 with a decent chance of getting over half of them.