New Year’s Eve

wazzap24

New Year’s Eve   

30 members have voted

1. 1. What’s your view of NYE?

• Yeah man, I love a good NYE Party, I’ll be boppin till the break of dawn
    • Get back in the Sea NYE, you overpriced disgrace of a night out. I’m staying in.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/18 at 00:00

43 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Sounds like I would be a great party with all you miserable sods :mrgreen:

i got a house party locally thankfully. What I don't like about nye is the exploitation of ripping people off on cabs, to food to drinks. It's a joke. A lot of people are starting to wake up and not go out which will teach these crooks.

Uber will be cleaning up with their super 'smart' surge pricing tonight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've not gone out for New Year's for at least 7 or 8 years. Last time we had a decent night in fairness but then a mate and me spent £40 on a taxi from Digbeth and I basically decided it wasn't worth it anymore.

So instead I'll be in on my own doing sod all. My family has always done the tradition of 'First Footing' so I'll be headed out the backdoor before midnight and back in the front after, because my neighbors need to think I'm more mad than I appear. And the gate is sticking so no doubt there'll be swearing.

The neighbours on the other side of the semi have started some dreadful music I can hear all too clearly so I might need to turn the volume up and find my not obnoxious playlist out...

Just back from dinner followed by snowplay at the snow dome. The kids are knackered so they’ll be tucked up in an hour or so.

We’re watching War on Planet of the Apes (with a few drinks), watch the fireworks on TV then bed.

17 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Uber will be cleaning up with their super 'smart' surge pricing tonight.

Time to stick the uber sign on my car and trawl the streets...

I can't recall going out on NYE for a number of years. When I was younger it was standard that I'd be up Brum... to be fair had a few decent nights but was always a mission getting home. I think one year after a 6am finish at Godskitchen (at Air in Digbeth) it cost me not far off £60 in a black cab to get home. I think I spent one in Snobs (great night), one in Waxy O'Connors (got punched in the face) and one at The Gunbarrels in Selly Oak (was sick in a dumpster). The others are a blur...

House parties followed as i hit my mid 20's and to be honest they were fine but there was always the horrible feeling of waking on someone else's floor surrounded by people you don't know and feeling like shit. After that I just felt too old for all that and started staying in instead! 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Watching fireworks on TV? Why not just look out of the window? 

We shall go on the roof to watch the Embra fireworks.

Luckily, it's a flat roof.

Having a Bulgarian dinner first, prepared by son's gf.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Watching fireworks on TV? Why not just look out of the window? 

The ones over Big Ben are slightly more impressive :lol:

Also, my house points over over some fields so not an awful lot to be seen.

I now hate the countdown to midnight so I'm binge watching breaking bad in the hope that I'll not notice the clock strike midnight

Then up at 5am for a 12 hr dayshift.

Plus point - in  11 more days I'll be in Perth WA til early Feb visiting my bro and family :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

The ones over Big Ben are slightly more impressive :lol:

Also, my house points over over some fields so not an awful lot to be seen.

I guess I'm spoiled, in that our house overlooks the spread of the Aire valley, and we get to see fireworks from one horizon to the other. NYE 2000 was particularly spectacular. 

• Like 1

The amount of tourists milling around New York is mental so we are steering well clear of all of that. We might go to the local across the street but if it's packed we'll probably just stay in and watch Black Mirror. Just me the wife and the dog. 

We can see all of the fireworks over the Hudson River at midnight from our apartment and thats always a good show.

Happy New Year to all you VT Off Topic Posters!!

• Like 3

Had great nights out like the rest, DNA on Hurst street in the year 1999 was the best to remember. Now 17 years later just happy to go down the local with my boy and the Mrs. Although tonight had it in my head we would spend the night in with beer and Champagne at midnight. Unfortunately the Mrs has decided to go to her sisters house for a little get together with family, organised at 8 tonight when i'm chilling and settled for the evening. Ohh well, just be me and my 2 year old, who has been on the coke cola so will be entertaining me till early hours. How things change aye?

• Like 1

Â