New Year’s Eve

wazzap24

New Year’s Eve   

30 members have voted

1. 1. What’s your view of NYE?

• Yeah man, I love a good NYE Party, I’ll be boppin till the break of dawn
    • Get back in the Sea NYE, you overpriced disgrace of a night out. I’m staying in.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/18 at 00:00

I like New Year’s Eve. As long as you treat it like another night out it’s quite good. I’ve had some really enjoyable ones in the past (I had a bloody good one in the jewellery quarter a few years ago). Never really had an issue with things being overpriced either.

I’ve got my little girl tonight, but once I get her to sleep she’ll be looked after by the grandparents and I’ll nip to the local to see in the new year before heading back just after midnight. So fairly sensible tonight.

Not sure yet:

Option 1: Local boozer with a mate for a few jars and home by about 12:30am

Option 2: Stay in, watch the NFL games and then a film. Wake up fresh. 

I'll leaning towards option 2...

18 minutes ago, Xela said:

Not sure yet:

Option 1: Local boozer with a mate for a few jars and home by about 12:30am

Option 2: Stay in, watch the NFL games and then a film. Wake up fresh. 

I'll leaning towards option 2...

Local boozer for a few jars and then back home in time for the late kick offs. ;)

I think it has probably been a good ten years since I went out on New years Eve mainly due to having children although I think I have probably used that as an excuse to not go out as I could have got them looked after.

We do celebrate it in the house though with close family and will have a few beers, play a bit of music, and do a bit of a spread/buffet.

Staying in and I prefer it. eat food I've already got, drink booze I've already got, play decent music, no pricey taxi, and for the first time since December 24 we are on our own.

1a21y4.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Staying in and I prefer it. eat food I've already got, drink booze I've already got, play decent music, no pricey taxi, and for the first time since December 24 we are on our own.

1a21y4.jpg

Jealous... much... yes

• Like 1

Staying in, and I've got no intention of being awake to see the new year in. Even in my partying days, I always hated NYE, and rarely had a memorable one. My wife is popping out for a meal with her mum, and the kids in a minute, but we will all be asleep way before 12.

The last time I had a genuinely good NYE night out was twelve years ago, when I saw Erick Morillo DJ'ing at a converted bingo hall in Oldham. 

I won't do anything today except have some dinner and drinks with my wife, who will probably fall asleep before midnight. And that's fine by me. 

Sounds like I would be a great party with all you miserable sods :mrgreen:

i got a house party locally thankfully. What I don't like about nye is the exploitation of ripping people off on cabs, to food to drinks. It's a joke. A lot of people are starting to wake up and not go out which will teach these crooks.

Â