• Grealish
    • Hogan
    • Bjarnason (Adomah 70)
    • O'Hare (Grealish 80)
    • Hepburn-Murphy (Hogan 83)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/01/18 at 15:00

5 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Question... Was it a 5-0 performance as well as a 5-0 result?

I think so, we didn't start brilliantly and they missed a sitter just after half time at 2-0 but other than that we were in control and maybe could even had a couple more, we made a subtle change about half way through the second half and turned in to a really effective counter attacking team, Chester and elphick looked safe as houses, jedinak occupies space and then hourihane and others were busy off the ball so we looked really solid

Its the best I've seen villa in a long long time, I think terry for elphick and that's probably our best team, even with Hutton at LB, on the ball still not going to string 50 passes together and score a tap in but off the ball we were brilliant today, full of energy and purpose which should be a given but has been lacking at villa for years, including under Bruce 

it's a shame we've got the fa cup at the weekend 

The best performance under Bruce, without a doubt. We did everything that we haven't been doing lately; we pressed and pressed and pressed the opposition when they had the ball and when we had possession we had players making intelligent runs, making space and moving forwards. We hunted everything Bristol City did down like a pack of lions and stopped them having any momentum. Grealish was, and is, head and shoulders our best player and was at the hub of everything positive for us today. He is the perfect link between our defence and attack and showed great pace when driving forwards today. I especially loved how, even at 5-0 up we were chasing them down and pressing them. Was so so good to see. We defended well when needed and credit to Elphick and Chester for keeping any threat Bristol had at bay. Hutton and Elmo did great too and thought Jedinak worked well with Hourihane in the middle. 

Great to see Hogan get off the mark for us today, he's a very very good finisher and must've been lacking in confidence so to score such a great header will have helped him enormously. Hope he's underway now with more goals to come for us. 

Great win today and a fantastic performance. 

Edited by roonst83

24 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

Can I vote for Whelan as my MOTM for not being on the pitch ?

Don’t worry, As soon as he’s over the bout of the shits he will be back in the team along with Onomah :D

• Like 1

Saw the highlights. Great result but kinda surprised we got a clean sheet. Also a bit annoyed that Bjikir didn’t lay it off to Hogan for his goal - he could have easily had his shot saved whereas Hogan would have had an open goal.

But hey, happy days.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Junxs said:

Yeah, the only negative thing about today was booing Nathan Baker.. that lacked class.

Can't understand some supporters, **** idiots

• Like 1

On page 4 of the reactions thread and still no sign of THAT pic of the southpark bloke sat at his pc, after what looks like a huge toothpaste "accident" :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Question... Was it a 5-0 performance as well as a 5-0 result?

Yes, apart from the first 20 minutes or so, which was very much like so many other performances.

It changed after the first goal, and became far more positive, moving the ball forward not back, playing with some urgency and invention.  What we've wanted all along, in fact.

• Like 2

While Grealish was clear MOTM just wanted to put in a word for Jedinak and Hourihane. Our two best performances this year here and vs Norwich have both been with one deep DM and two more advanced CM rather than then 4231 we've gone with for most of the year. 

Balance was so much better Grealish got on the ball more, Hourihane was getting the ball in better areas and Jedinak does the moping up which is tailor made for him. 

Â