Pre-Match Thread

alreadyexists

On 30/12/2017 at 10:50, wedge said:

You'd have thought we'd pull 35,000 for this but the online ticket map doesn't suggest so, what do we think the gate will be? Brizzle have sold their limited allocation of 2,100.

I would think many of the part times who showed up against Millwall will be determined not to be shown up as suckers once again. 

I had assumed it was on Sky because of the time but I think your right as it doesn't appear to be on. Something about Bristol getting right amount of time between games after they had an evening kick off the other day. 

Presumably it's on AVTV though 

20 minutes ago, villaglint said:

I had assumed it was on Sky because of the time but I think your right as it doesn't appear to be on. Something about Bristol getting right amount of time between games after they had an evening kick off the other day. 

Presumably it's on AVTV though 

Yep, avtv for audio in the UK or video if over seas.

Edited by alreadyexists

Watched the Bristol City Wolves game to size up the opposition and quickly came to the conclusion that Villa are going to have their hands full on Monday night. Cannot see the same standard of performance over the previous games getting Villa any points unless there is a mass improvement.

It would help if Bruce doesn’t play Jedinak and Whelan in the same team even with Jedi at CB. If that happens then be prepared for a heavy defeat.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

I can really see us winning this one. By luck and chance and not by the team selected or by any tactics that SB decides upon after shaking his 8 ball (I also had one as a joke pressie for Christmas). I may even pick my lottery numbers based upon the team numbers in his starting line up.

I will still have my £1 superstitious bet of 4:1 Villa at 40/1 for this one as I do every game and have done for over 20 years

Talking of superstition and stuff like that. My lad was 30 this week and 30 years ago we were demoted in the 86/87 season, but promoted in 87/88

As a new starter I can only post a few times a day for a while. So may I take this chance to wish all of you a Happy new year and hope for better times for our club 

How many time have you won the 4:1 bet?

7 hours ago, striker said:

Watched the Bristol City Wolves game to size up the opposition and quickly came to the conclusion that Villa are going to have their hands full on Monday night. Cannot see the same standard of performance over the previous games getting Villa any points unless there is a mass improvement.

It would help if Bruce doesn’t play Jedinak and Whelan in the same team even with Jedi at CB. If that happens then be prepared for a heavy defeat.

Agree,   Also, better to go with RHM and or Hogan than Davis as we will not win much in the air in the attacking penalty area.  With hourihane pushed high in support.   Of course that kind of thinking involves tactics.  

11 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

How many time have you won the 4:1 bet?

Twice, It has actually happened 4 times, but for various reasons I couldn't get my bet on. The last time was Villa away to Norwich in the cup. 82/1. Its just a superstition, like people who have a lucky shirt, people who don't wear their shirt on match day etc etc. I think if I don't do it they will win 4:1. My lad says "So don't fecking do it for a few weeks Dad, We could win the league". My son inlaw a Spuds fan, wont wear his watch on match days 

• Like 1

Pity its not on TV. I didn't get to listen or hear the last game. Mrs T brought me a DAB radio to listen to it. but I couldn't tune the thing in to the right station, I had to listen to the Blues game hoping to hear dah dah dah (the goal horn) are we on DAB somewhere for every game ?