Pre-Match Thread

alreadyexists

You'd have thought we'd pull 35,000 for this but the online ticket map doesn't suggest so, what do we think the gate will be? Brizzle have sold their limited allocation of 2,100.

Edited by wedge

Bristol first choice keeper Fielding given a straight red today so will miss the match. 

Thats a great boost for us as he’s been in decent form this season for them. 

Hopefully today’s results with give our team renewed confidence to get back in the mix for promotion.

still not convinced but we’re by no means out of the running!

• Like 2

Bristol confidence will certainly have taken a knock today after that. They have no first choice keeper and also a very demanding schedule coming up. This is the chance for us to close the gap.

hopefully a big crowd too but them moving this to half 5 will have a impact as most will be back at work next day.

• Like 1

Sam

Elmo         Elphick          Chester          Hutton

Grealish     Hourihane     Jedinak     Adomah 

Davis     RHM

Snodgrass got the winner last time out but he has been pretty poor recently. Give him a rest. I'd absolutely love to see Davis and RHM up front and I think they've both deserved it.

58 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Draw all day but if bruce has aspirations of automatic win this game

We need another bout of the shits in the camp so Bruce can fluke a class act starting 11 together and play like Brazil ;)

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

The results today will hopefully help our confidence and knock Bristols.

Let's take the game to them, win the match and get back in those play off positions.

Absolutely, Several teams around us and the closing pack also play each other tomorrow and will be taking points off each other. 

Derby v Sheff Utd 

Preston  v Boro 

Wolves v Brentford 

Ipswich v Fulham 

Good time to start winning again Villa!.. 

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

I can really see us winning this one. By luck and chance and not by the team selected or by any tactics that SB decides upon after shaking his 8 ball (I also had one as a joke pressie for Christmas). I may even pick my lottery numbers based upon the team numbers in his starting line up.

I will still have my £1 superstitious bet of 4:1 Villa at 40/1 for this one as I do every game and have done for over 20 years

Talking of superstition and stuff like that. My lad was 30 this week and 30 years ago we were demoted in the 86/87 season, but promoted in 87/88

As a new starter I can only post a few times a day for a while. So may I take this chance to wish all of you a Happy new year and hope for better times for our club 

Welcome to the site and good luck with your bet vs Bristol City. UTV

From what I have seen from them they are strong at the back (particularly in the air) and they have good runners from midfield. However, they've had their fair share of fortune IMO.

Key game this one!