Fortnite

Tayls

Anyone played this? 

Been playing on Xbox past few weeks - annoys the hell out of me, because I can barely get any kills, but it is great fun to mess around on. I primarily play in a team of 3 with a couple of buddies. 

Edited by Tayls

On 12/01/2018 at 10:21, Villan_of_oz said:

Come on someone out there. 

Download this for free.

Join a party. 

I could talk to another aston villa supporter.

Haven't done that in over 5 years. 

Then we could kick some ass. 

I’ll give you a game at some point mate. Aren’t you in Oz though?? 

Ive played about 60 games now, and I reckon I’ve got less than 20 kills. It’s so damn hard!  I’m quite good at building and hiding, so tend to make it to the last 10 or so! Hahh.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tayls said:

I’ll give you a game at some point mate. Aren’t you in Oz though?? 

Ive played about 60 games now, and I reckon I’ve got less than 20 kills. It’s so damn hard!  I’m quite good at building and hiding, so tend to make it to the last 10 or so! Hahh.  

Yes I'm I'm Oz, but I can stay up late or get up early. I don't many kills either, but have had 2 squad wins so far

On 16/01/2018 at 16:45, Ponky said:

My lad tried to get me into this but I found it frustrating. Land in the middle of nowhere, find guns, run away from the storm, get shot, return to lobby. 

Give it a chance mate, it's an amazing game and they're doing an update very soon. 10 new locations on the map. 

Are you playing solo? I find squad the most fun by far.......

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Bump!

New season, new patch has improved lots of things. 

The best thing about this game though is playing with my mates and making new game buddies.

Nah the best thing really is showing all the young  whipper snappers that an old bloke like me can still kick their ass, even if it does take me longer to aim n shoot.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Downloaded it today, made it to the final 30 on my first go, not because I was good but because I didn't see a single person, the first person I did see killed me instantly.

Had a few more games didn't kill a single person and finished around 50th place, I'm not sure I'll be able to get into this.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

Downloaded it today, made it to the final 30 on my first go, not because I was good but because I didn't see a single person, the first person I did see killed me instantly.

Had a few more games didn't kill a single person and finished around 50th place, I'm not sure I'll be able to get into this.

You’ll start getting used to it. I’ve played hours of this game and I’m still very average. One thing I would recommend you start doing is building as quickly as possible. As soon as someone takes a shot at you, get some cover up.  I’d also suggest doing some team games (and stick with them - not just go off on your own), you’ll learn quickly from others. Watch some of the other players as well when you get killed, so you can see how they do things (particularly useful in Solo). 

I often make to inside the final 10 players on solo before I get proper contact, then it is just a case of getting them before they get me! 

• Thanks 1

The thing that's made it popular is a free to play simplified PUBG style Battle Royale mode with a building mechanic. The aim is to be the last man standing in a gradually shrinking circle whilst collecting weapons etc.

I played it in Game  in London the other week as they have a dungeon room with about 40 Consoles /PC's in it

I managed to kill 2 people , much to tonyh29jnr's surprise 

seems I can cope with PC keyboard and mouse for game play , where as on an X box controller I can't even get a character to move in a straight line

It was fun , but not as addictive for me as it appears to be for my son  ... saying that he's stopped playing and gone back to Rainbow 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/03/2018 at 10:41, omariqy said:

What is this game? I see it everywhere. Whats the objective?

Most people play the battle royale, it’s 100 people in a death match, in a shrinking map, and last man standing wins. It is pretty addictive and I enjoy it, I’ve come second once and the thrill was incredible! Lol.

On ‎25‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 09:11, Villan_of_oz said:

Bump!

New season, new patch has improved lots of things. 

The best thing about this game though is playing with my mates and making new game buddies.

Nah the best thing really is showing all the young  whipper snappers that an old bloke like me can still kick their ass, even if it does take me longer to aim n shoot.

I would love to give you a game, but I am on PS4. :P

• Like 1

Â