January Transfers

villa4europe

my first thought on £20m was that it was low :lol: not based on walcotts talent (dont rate him) but based on where he's coming from, his england caps and his reputation

the game has gone, i could be evertons scouting team

chamberlain gone, mertesacker, sanchez and walcott going, potentially ozil and wilshere out at arsenal, starting to look like a massive "project" for someone in the summer, they'll need 4/5 first teamers and a couple of squad players

Edited by villa4europe

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Liverpool do this as well. It means you are paying out good money to the players who are contributing to your team and not half as much to the Richards, N'Zogbia's, Gabby's etc. It a very sensible approach and I'm surprised most teams don't do it. 

I assume that sort of structure is a lot easier to implement if you're a big club who might plausibly win things. 

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

my first thought on £20m was that it was low :lol: not based on walcotts talent (dont rate him) but based on where he's coming from, his england caps and his reputation

the game has gone, i could be evertons scouting team

chamberlain gone, mertesacker, sanchez and walcott going, potentially ozil and wilshere out at arsenal, starting to look like a massive "project" for someone in the summer, they'll need 4/5 first teamers and a couple of squad players

Its actually a terrifying prospect in todays market. I bet the board are bricking it.

How much is a good, but not great top 4/6 player these days? You've got to be looking at £40m+.... So Arsenal need to spend about a quarter of a billion pounds just to try and stand still. That won't push them any closer to being title challengers.

If Wenger has personally been blocking contract offers as he feels its not value for money then I'd fire him, because its going to be carnage this time next year. 

lisandro lopez to inter on loan

donis avdijaj to roda on loan (he's not living up to his FM wonderkid status)

jose sosa to tranzonspor

arda turan to Basaksehir

yann m'vila to st etienne

alex pritchard to huddersfield (£12m i dont know anything about him)

yerry mina to barca (or him)

manuel akanji to dortmund 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Sanchez will join the team that pays the highest salary. 

Not saying that's wrong...

Talk is he wants £25m for himself now, or £40m in the summer, as a top player you’d be mad to sign a contract extension. Insane.

I just felt really old when I realised Walcott is nearly 29. For some reason I had him down as being about 23/24 as it doesn't seem that long since he came onto the scene full of promise. He hasn't got close to living up to the initial hype. Shown it in flashes but way too inconsistent.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Derby signing Cameron Jerome 

Must be unloading a few strikers as they have about seven on their books.

Problem with that sort of signing is what happens if they go up as Jerome has shown at about four different clubs he's no good in the premier league. 

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

lisandro lopez to inter on loan

donis avdijaj to roda on loan (he's not living up to his FM wonderkid status)

jose sosa to tranzonspor

arda turan to Basaksehir

yann m'vila to st etienne

alex pritchard to huddersfield (£12m i dont know anything about him)

yerry mina to barca (or him)

manuel akanji to dortmund 

Lisandro Lopez must be well into his 30s now, I remember him being pretty prolific for Porto but that was over 10 years ago.

Pritchard was really good at Brentford on loan but his career has stalled since. Should've gone to Brighton instead of Norwich.

Surprised Huddersfield didn't go for James Maddison instead, he's been in great form recently, 

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I just felt really old when I realised Walcott is nearly 29. For some reason I had him down as being about 23/24 as it doesn't seem that long since he came onto the scene full of promise. He hasn't got close to living up to the initial hype. Shown it in flashes but way too inconsistent.

Means he went to 2006 world cup as a 12 year old. :D

I take it a different way as for players like that who've been around so long I think are older than they are e.g Walcott being 30 + like Rooney. 

Bit like when Milner played for us and he was still only 23 even though he'd been playing senior football for 8 years. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Means he went to 2006 world cup as a 12 year old. :D

I take it a different way as for players like that who've been around so long I think are older than they are e.g Walcott being 30 + like Rooney. 

Bit like when Milner played for us and he was still only 23 even though he'd been playing senior football for 8 years. 

I was even thinking he'd played at a World cup when he was about 17 but I had that down as being about 6/7 years ago not 12 years ago. In fairness the older I get the quicker time seems to go so I've still not come to terms with Gabby not being 25.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Must be unloading a few strikers as they have about seven on their books.

Problem with that sort of signing is what happens if they go up as Jerome has shown at about four different clubs he's no good in the premier league. 

That’s tomorrow’s problem, IF they get to the PL they won’t sweat too much about moving him on at a loss.

Â