January Transfers

villa4europe

Window isn't open yet but van disk to Liverpool is done

sounds like Reece Oxford despite only play 3 games on loan in Germany is going to Leipzig for £9m rising to £18m, good move for him on paper 

sandro Wagner to bayern

mario gomez to stuttgart

Edited by villa4europe

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

sounds like Reece Oxford despite only play 3 games on loan in Germany is going to Leipzig for £9m rising to £18m, good move for him on paper 

I'm sure football is just a way to launder money. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Xela said:

I'm sure football is just a way to launder money. 

Makes you wonder at times now with Quatar and the likes so heavily involved now too.

I remember back to the days of Big Ron etc. and the money that was involved then seemed like nothing compared too now.

When will it stop? ..Will it even stop?

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Makes you wonder at times now with Quatar and the likes so heavily involved now too.

I remember back to the days of Big Ron etc. and the money that was involved then seemed like nothing compared too now.

When will it stop? ..Will it even stop?

It stems from the TV rights and TV companies, if they stop bidding so high or go bust then it’ll be a wake up call.

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

It stems from the TV rights and TV companies, if they stop bidding so high or go bust then it’ll be a wake up call.

Absolutely mate. I do agree the amount of money now in football is obscene.

Be interesting if/when Facebook and Amazon come out to play too.

Ross Barkley to Chelsea for £15m.

I accept that people think Barkley is overrated to some extent, but that seems a remarkably good deal for Chelsea (apparently cut price as he's in the last year of his contract at Everton and refuses to sign a new one).

if they use him right as a squad rotation player and he gets a better injury record then yep thats a great piece of business

emre can to juve in the summer on a free

vietto to valencia on loan

arsenal with a proper arsenal signing CB Konstantinos Mavropanos for £1.8m

4 hours ago, bobzy said:

Ross Barkley to Chelsea for £15m.

I accept that people think Barkley is overrated to some extent, but that seems a remarkably good deal for Chelsea (apparently cut price as he's in the last year of his contract at Everton and refuses to sign a new one).

Why sign a player for £15m when you can get him for free in six months? Would it have gone to a tribunal otherwise? I thought that only applied to players under 24.

18 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Why sign a player for £15m when you can get him for free in six months? Would it have gone to a tribunal otherwise? I thought that only applied to players under 24.

...but there will be more competition in the summer and wages will go up and up. Not many people are going to shell out £15m at this stage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

...but there will be more competition in the summer and wages will go up and up. Not many people are going to shell out £15m at this stage.

I can't imagine any increase in wages would offset the £15m they are paying now. Seems very odd, also from his point of view why not wait and pocket the £15m himself. 

41 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I can't imagine any increase in wages would offset the £15m they are paying now. Seems very odd, also from his point of view why not wait and pocket the £15m himself. 

Maybe he wanted to ensure Everton saw some benefit. Delph signed a new contract with us to ensure we saw some money from the deal.

Either that, or he realised that being a squad player at Chelsea gave him a better chance of going to the World Cup than being ostracized at Everton......

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Stupid move for Barkley. Hes never going to get in their team.

Scrapheap for 3 years then a move to the appy ammers it is!

He’ll get to play in the CL and probably win a few medals without playing every week.

It might also be the most lucrative offer financially too.

Cant blame the lad really.

The agent is pocketing a cool £7m out of this deal too. 

So Chelsea are spending £22m and Everton get £15m.

I want to be an agent.  I actually looked into it a while ago and to become an agent is so ridiculously easy, I don't know why everyone isn't doing it. 

The secret then is to have the contacts/players wanting to sign for you I guess! 

Â