Ratings & Reactions: Brentford v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/12/17 at 15:00

1 minute ago, Paul33 said:

I disagree, most managers would turn this team around overnight. The players don't buy into Bruce and his removal alone would lift them all !

I'm looking at the old, leggy players who dominate our first team - Whelan, Jedinak etc.. money wasted, overhaul needed and not much time to do it. Bruce has to go but he's not the only problem at our club as we've been like this for a while.

Respect that you see it differently and I hope you're right!

6 minutes ago, Ouchmefoot said:

So depressing. Villa ruin my Christmas once again :(

giphy.gif

Mate, you need to let it go. It's standard. We are always shocking at Christmas, but in recent years shocking all year round, so best just to accept it and get on with your life until someone with a clue sorts it out. It ain't changing any time soon.

8 minutes ago, decamoto said:

When he was getting results I could tolerate the poor performances. Now that we aren't I'm very close to turning against him. Unfortunately I don't think our next 2 games will be any better. Only thing that could (I hope) save Bruce is the Jan window. 

But that was desperate to watch. 

Completely agree, the shit football is tolerable if the points are coming. I know we were due a loss or two but it looks like a team on the slide to me. Since Bruce has proven he doesn't have a plan B, I don't see how he can turn it around.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Completely agree, the shit football is tolerable if the points are coming. I know we were due a loss or two but it looks like a team on the slide to me. Since Bruce has proven he doesn't have a plan B, I don't see how he can turn it around.

It's never been tolerable to me . And how we look right now is why .

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

It's never been tolerable to me . And how we look right now is why .

I hated it, but when we were pressing the top 3 I thought that maybe it could work and we'd go up, I don't believe that now.

8 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Exactly this. He's done.

21 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

We've played worse and we probably deserved a point but what you saw out there was a quality manager who has crafted a decent team out of average players versus a poor manager who has crafted a lousy team out of quality players. How any Villa fan can still claim that Bruce is either doing a good job at Villa or is the right manager for Villa is totally beyond me !!!

This gets said everytime we play and lose to Brentford. How’s about we just hire the bloke and get rid of the dinosaur we have running things.

Because I am handicapped by living on the wrong side of the planet, I have to get up at stupid o'clock to watch the games. Since I am on my end of year break, I have more opportunity to watch my beloved Villa play.

However, each game I have watched so far has just been a nicely gift wrapped box of disappointment. It shouldn't, but it puts me in a pissy mood for the rest of the day. A common saying from my neck of the woods is " A bad day at home is still better than a good day at work". If anyone said that to me after watching a Villa game, then they can f### right off.

With the latest servings in mind, there are so many things I could think of that would be better than sacrificing a full cycle of sleep to watch Villa attempt to play football. Even shooting nails into my foot while chewing sandpaper and listening to Aqua at maximum volume seems like a better option.

• Like 3

Â