So what would you do?

Grasshopper

On 25/12/2017 at 00:26, Eastie said:

Wyness has left Everton several years before xia brought him back into the game - round was interviewed for the assistant job to garde only a couple of years ago but they decided not to pursue it so quite why they think he’s the man to wield such influence now seems puzzling.

yes he is qualified but he’s doing the job at villa for the first time in his career having previously been a number 2 as a coach .

so in wyness we appointed a man who had been out of the game a few years and in round we appointed a man in a job he’s never had the responsibility for before - hardly great decisions from xia 

Round turned the assistant job down. He is prob one of the most qualified for the current role. There is a interview with him in his thread where he talks about not being interested in the job and why.

I think we need someone who is an up and coming manager in the latin countries, who is connected in that world, who can bring players in with technical ability.

when you see Hogan and McCormack @ c15 mill a piece and Suarez and Coutinho for roughly the same amount it makes you think long and hard.

are we barking up the wrong tree?

sure, we will lose them to bigger clubs, but if you keep fishing in the right stretch of river, you create a flow.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think we need someone who is an up and coming manager in the latin countries, who is connected in that world, who can bring players in with technical ability.

when you see Hogan and McCormack @ c15 mill a piece and Suarez and Coutinho for roughly the same amount it makes you think long and hard.

are we barking up the wrong tree?

sure, we will lose them to bigger clubs, but if you keep fishing in the right stretch of river, you create a flow.

Yes. The english market is well overpriced, let's be real. Let's copy what the IT industry does, find cheaper sources of skillz in countries that haven't got overinflated prices. Oh how I love capitalism..

..but seriously. Yes.

Edit: don't forget to send spies to Southampton.

Edited by osmark86

On 26/12/2017 at 08:57, villan_007 said:

Round turned the assistant job down. He is prob one of the most qualified for the current role. There is a interview with him in his thread where he talks about not being interested in the job and why.

Most qualified ? He’s in a role that he’s never had before in his life and at a big club too , far rather we’d gone for someone with experience in the role who has worked their way up . 

‘For me round is here because wyness wanted him and knows him from Everton .

he may have qualifications but he he has no experience in the position he holds 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

So I guess we’re mostly all on the page?

Was there anything at all in those Óscar Garcia links back in September?

I doubt it, he only got St.Etienne job in July, though he was gone by November

It's all well and good talking about these great latin/foreign coach's but they are just that.. ...coaches. 

Unfortunately we lack the club foundations for these to work currently. Our manager needs to do far more than simply get the team playing right.

Untill we sort out the mess at the top we need to have a more 'rounded ' manager in place else the job will be impossible. 

• Like 1

The clock is ticking, every year you spend in the championship the more a championship club you become. We need a modern progressive manager in the vein of Eddie Howe who will change the way the team play. it might take a year or two but it will be worth the wait because right now we are failing and playing crap football as well. if the process is right you can accept bad results. Never wanted Bruce anyway!

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 2

Today, I would get the team in who played yesterday, and the U23's in and play a full blooded game. Play the same formations and tell them , the best 18 will play against Boro, the rest of you come in for extra training at the same time.

Sod reputation, and get those who want to dig deep and win and put them on the field.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, villianusa said:

Today, I would get the team in who played yesterday, and the U23's in and play a full blooded game. Play the same formations and tell them , the best 18 will play against Boro, the rest of you come in for extra training at the same time.

Sod reputation, and get those who want to dig deep and win and put them on the field.

Think we need all 18 to get a draw :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, villianusa said:

Easiest option for Bruce to make an instant impression on the team. However hes not brave enough to do it , if we got hammered he would have to go, if he sticks with the tried and tested then he can point at the players, the money their on and offset the blame.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tinker said:

Easiest option for Bruce to make an instant impression on the team. However hes not brave enough to do it , if we got hammered he would have to go, if he sticks with the tried and tested then he can point at the players, the money their on and offset the blame.

Being hammered by a Tony pulis team would be the ultimate humiliation - I expect to lose but once ahead boro will shut up shop I expect 

On 25/12/2017 at 03:27, Zatman said:

That is a real random list of managers 

They're all managers who have the ability to rise above the rut we are in in one way or another rather than being sucked into it and all have the quality necessary to get us promoted and keep us up once we get there.

Bruce has no bottle. For example, he must have had a quiet chat to Whelan surely? Whelan is just shite after shite. If he don't perform why not bring him of in the first half. A bit of humiliation, teach him a lesson. He is more experienced than many that you cannot perform like that and get away with it. If that's really all he can do, drop him and play a youth player.

7 hours ago, villianusa said:

I have done something very similar to this before (in youth coaching) an was amazed at how well it worked!

13 hours ago, Eastie said:

Most qualified ? He’s in a role that he’s never had before in his life and at a big club too , far rather we’d gone for someone with experience in the role who has worked their way up . 

‘For me round is here because wyness wanted him and knows him from Everton .

he may have qualifications but he he has no experience in the position he holds 

Watch the interview. It's interesting. He is qualified for the task at hand. He's been working towards it for yrs. Shortlisted for the role at Arsenal recently. He is the least of our worries. Didn't come with wyness. He was at man city working for them. Finished his contract then started with us. Came after the first transfer window ended. 

Â