Pre match chat

roonst83

We need a win some time soon after the missed opportunity against the Blades. I think we’re better set up away from home but a lot of that depends on if Davis plays well. He’s been quite poor for a while and hasn’t had the support of Snoddy or Adomah of late so it’s nulified his role. 

Big problem of late for us has been the fact our defence has been so leaky. Our previous success in games away to the likes of Preston, Burton and Barnsley was down to how tight we were at the back. We look very nervous at the moment and are missing Terry massively.

We need to start picking up wins soon to try keep ourselves in the playoffs. 

36 minutes ago, roonst83 said:

I think we’re better set up away from home but a lot of that depends on if Davis plays well. He’s been quite poor for a while

He's been poor for basically his entire career. 2 goals in 20 games does not a striker make. 

• Like 1

Johnstone

De Laet Chester broken-Terry Taylor

Snodgrass  Lansbury Hourihane Adomah

Grealish

Davis

Our squad is ****.

Tired of seeing the same old team, give some youngsters a go, some of our first teamers are getting a first team place regardless of how they play, need freshening up, they need to know they aren't guaranteed a first team spot.            

Johnstone

Elmo   Chester  Sulaiman Taylor

JD Hales   Hourihane 

O'Hare         Grealish.    Adomah  

Hogan

• Like 1

I have a feeling we are going to see Hutton as CB in  back 4

SJ

Elmo Hutton Chester Taylor

Whelan Jedi

Snod Hourihane Adomah

Davis

or

SJ

Hutton Chester Taylor

Whelan Jedi

Snod Grealish Hourihane Adomah

Davis

If Bruce hands in either of those team sheets the Dr should sack him on the spot

Edited by Grasshopper

---------------------------------Johnstone----------------------------

De Laet----------Chester------------Elphick---------Taylor

----------------------Whelan----------Hourihane----------------

Snodgrass----------------Grealish-------------------Adomah

-----------------------------------Davis----------------------------------

For me, with the exception of the right back position, that pretty much picks itself - but the manager has talked about changes so we'll see I guess.

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Dreading this we are going to get turned over. If jedinak is in defence be a comfortable brentford win. 

De laet at cb for me. Has pace to handle vibes.

De laet at CB ? Nah, enough of this "let's give him a go in that position " thing for me. We got burnt badly Saturday with that. Not ideal but it's elphick or sulliman for me.

Edited by Johnnyp
mistake

Today we must win this, season over if not for me. Also, I cannot manage another "Dean smith is the man we are looking for" day on here. He would have a nervous breakdown managing Villa. So please lets go out toay and give Dean Smith and his team a footballing lesson for once....................Can't see it, but I will live in hope,

I think/hope we will see 3 or 4 changes.

I can't see how Jedinak can keep his place at CB so expect Elphick to start or a rabbit out of the hat and Terry comes back.

I'd go with a narrow midfield four of Whelan or Jedinak sitting, Hourihane and Onomah in front of them and Grealish just behind a front two of Davis and Hogan.I know that is harsh on Adomah but I'd give him a breather and don't see how he can fit into a 4-4-2 without us sacrificing too much in the centre of midfield and risking getting over run.