Divinity: Original Sin

limpid

My biggest tip would be to go in 100% blind and just explore.

Divinity is as old school as a modern game gets, it doesn't hold your hand and it's okay to fail.

There are many ways to accomplish many things in this game so just jump in and see how it goes, I don't think I can say much more than that. 

• Like 2

There are many ways to accomplish many things in this game so just jump in and see how it goes

Can't emphasise enough. And not in a 'well you can kill X, or play as a 'pacifist' and knock him out', kind of a way, there's a lot of varied ways to solve most of the main quests. Less so with the minor side quests, but even they usually have at least a couple of options. Setting everything on fire is usually an option, but rarely the most satisfying one.

I adore this game, it was easily my GotY when it came out (2014?). Then I bought this year's sequal, and that's now my favourite RPG of all time, with no hesitation, so if you enjoy this, you've got another great game ahead of you.

There's only one piece of advice I'd give to a new player after a couple of friends bounced off this game the first time they played it; don't be in a rush to leave the first town. If you're trying to explore and getting stomped by enemies that are a higher level than you, you're in the wrong place. It's very obvious when you're meant to move on from the town, so don't jump the gun - there's loads of content there.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â