Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Demitri_C

Steve Agnew

Recommended Posts

Apparently he is joining bruces backroom staff according to the gazette. Flopped as manager but highly rated as a coach and worked with bruce before this can only be a positive surely?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this Xia taking the soft option of adding to Bruce's staff instead of going all out and replacing him?

Now seems like a reasonable time to make a change with targets not being met, plenty of points to play for, the transfer window coming up and some of the managers who could be available to us right now.

Always thought waiting too long to let go of Sherwood & Garde was a big mistake. Hopefully this isn't another one.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

Is he an attacking coach do we know?

He did work under that attacking guru Aitor Karanka :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

It says to me they are sticking with bruce for immediate future regardless what happens

Then we are **** and bye bye promotion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worth a punt, our coaching staff need all the help they can get. What Clemence and Calderwood have been doing for the past year is beyond me.

I think we just run laps for 2 hours and **** off home.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Worth a punt, our coaching staff need all the help they can get. What Clemence and Calderwood have been doing for the past year is beyond me.

I think we just run laps for 2 hours and **** off home.

They do, they are all ex Bruce henchmen from Hull...

...and so we add another to the failing force. All we need now is Mike Phelan and it's a full house.

I see where this is going and it ain't going to be pretty!

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

They do, they are all ex Bruce henchmen from Hull...

...and so we add another to the failing force. All we need now is Mike Phelan and it's a full house.

I see where this is going and it ain't going to be pretty!

 

Hull who got promoted under those coaches. 

Don't know what the club are thinking!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was first team coach under SB at Hull.

It was mentioned when SB first joined he wanted Agnew but he was obviously under contract at Boro before seemingly put on gardening leave this season.

What role will he fill here as we have an assistant manager (Calderwood) and a first team coach (Clemence) so you'd assume one of those will step aside/be moved on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

He was first team coach under SB at Hull.

It was mentioned when SB first joined he wanted Agnew but he was obviously under contract at Boro before seemingly put on gardening leave this season.

What role will he fill here as we have an assistant manager (Calderwood) and a first team coach (Clemence) so you'd assume one of those will step aside/be moved on.

I reckon Clemence will be given less responsibility. 

Bruce has spoken so highly of Calderwood and to be fair to him, our defence has improved since he has arrived. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I reckon Clemence will be given less responsibility. 

Bruce has spoken so highly of Calderwood and to be fair to him, our defence has improved since he has arrived. 

Our defence has improved because of John Terry and the assuring effect he has had on SJ

It‘s not down to Calderfook

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Hull who got promoted under those coaches. 

Don't know what the club are thinking!

Technically they got promoted under Bruce ;)

What happened to Bruce and all them coaches after they got promoted?

IIRC they did not last very long once promoted and the whole thing imploded.

I don't rate any of them.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Hull who got promoted under those coaches. 

Don't know what the club are thinking!

I agree.. they should have gone for Johnathan Agnew instead!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...
Â