Steve Agnew

Demitri_C

Is this Xia taking the soft option of adding to Bruce's staff instead of going all out and replacing him?

Now seems like a reasonable time to make a change with targets not being met, plenty of points to play for, the transfer window coming up and some of the managers who could be available to us right now.

Always thought waiting too long to let go of Sherwood & Garde was a big mistake. Hopefully this isn't another one.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Worth a punt, our coaching staff need all the help they can get. What Clemence and Calderwood have been doing for the past year is beyond me.

I think we just run laps for 2 hours and **** off home.

They do, they are all ex Bruce henchmen from Hull...

...and so we add another to the failing force. All we need now is Mike Phelan and it's a full house.

I see where this is going and it ain't going to be pretty!

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

They do, they are all ex Bruce henchmen from Hull...

...and so we add another to the failing force. All we need now is Mike Phelan and it's a full house.

I see where this is going and it ain't going to be pretty!

Hull who got promoted under those coaches. 

Don't know what the club are thinking!

• Like 3

He was first team coach under SB at Hull.

It was mentioned when SB first joined he wanted Agnew but he was obviously under contract at Boro before seemingly put on gardening leave this season.

What role will he fill here as we have an assistant manager (Calderwood) and a first team coach (Clemence) so you'd assume one of those will step aside/be moved on.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

He was first team coach under SB at Hull.

It was mentioned when SB first joined he wanted Agnew but he was obviously under contract at Boro before seemingly put on gardening leave this season.

What role will he fill here as we have an assistant manager (Calderwood) and a first team coach (Clemence) so you'd assume one of those will step aside/be moved on.

I reckon Clemence will be given less responsibility. 

Bruce has spoken so highly of Calderwood and to be fair to him, our defence has improved since he has arrived. 

5 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I reckon Clemence will be given less responsibility. 

Bruce has spoken so highly of Calderwood and to be fair to him, our defence has improved since he has arrived. 

Our defence has improved because of John Terry and the assuring effect he has had on SJ

It‘s not down to Calderfook

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Hull who got promoted under those coaches. 

Don't know what the club are thinking!

Technically they got promoted under Bruce ;)

What happened to Bruce and all them coaches after they got promoted?

IIRC they did not last very long once promoted and the whole thing imploded.

I don't rate any of them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â