Pre-Match Chit-Chat

Raver50032

16 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Oh for heavens sake. 1 defeat and everyone is in a flap. United are bad run and our home form has been excellent for over a year.  Big crowd. Big result. 1 nil Villa.

Some positivity please? Anyone?

No wins in three... Playing garbage... generally having played largely garbage now for over 12 months. I'd say people have a real right to get antsy again about now. This is shaping up into the run of form we were kind of expecting would happen at some point, but that we can't really afford given where the Club expects us to be. And of course, where us fans expect us to be.

But sure, if you want positivity - United are in crappy form too. They are there for the taking. We have to TAKE them...

• Like 3

21 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Oh for heavens sake. 1 defeat and everyone is in a flap. United are bad run and our home form has been excellent for over a year.  Big crowd. Big result. 1 nil Villa.

Some positivity please? Anyone?

1 defeat preceded by 2 draws whilst playing woefully in 5 out of 6 of those halves.

I'll be positive when the results and/or performances are, thanks.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

1 defeat preceded by 2 draws whilst playing woefully in 5 out of 6 of those halves.

I'll be positive when the results and/or performances are, thanks.

Or how about 3 defeats in the last 19 league games, 2 of which are defeats away from home to the 2 of the top  4 teams? Or the fact we have won as many games away from home by December tan the whole of last season? Or the fact that we are in the top 5 without our striker who has scored 19 goals last year? Or Saturday was our first defeat without our captain playing since he has been out since November?  I do find some of this negativity quite outstanding on this site sometimes imo. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Or how about 3 defeats in the last 19 league games, 2 of which are defeats away from home to the 2 of the top  4 teams?

19 games is a pretty strange sample to select 22 games into a season. Might as well check out the league table that shows we're underachieving. Not too many defeats alone but too many draws to go with them.

Or the fact we have won as many games away from home by December tan the whole of last season?

We were terrible last season. That's hardly the yardstick for success this season.

Or the fact that we are in the top 5 without our striker who has scored 19 goals last year?

There is an argument that we have played better as a team with Davis, when he has been on form, though certainly we've missed Kodjia's ability to create goals from nothing against the likes of Milwall.

Or Saturday was our first defeat without our captain playing since he has been out since November?

Okay I'll give you that one. Tthough as above - too many draws are killing us.

I do find some of this negativity quite outstanding on this site sometimes imo. 

We all just want Villa back where we should be and ideally playing some football that's enjoyable to watch on the way. Not all of us can see that as likely to happen any time soon unfortunately. 3 points on Saturday and Merry Christmas :)

• Like 2

This is a interesting game as its one of the top 6 at home which we haven't experienced at all yet this season. 

Hopefully we can pick up a win Saturday then get 4 points out of the brentford/boro games with then Bristol city at home

We would then have played two of the play off rivals twice (boro and Bristol city) 

As long as we are withing touching distance of top four by January i feel quietly confident as i think we will have a strong second half (injuries permitting) 

• Like 1

Johnstone

Hutton  Chester  Elphick  Taylor

Hourihane   Jedinak

Snodgrass  Grealish  Adomah

Davis

Subs: Steer, Elmo, RDL, Whelan, Onomah, Hogan, Agbonlahor

Hard decision on Jedinak or Elphick at the back, but I think we need to take Whelan out of the firing line for a week or two. Elphick should also have a bit more experience at CB against a decent striker in Leon Clarke.

Davis back in as the focal point of the attacks, switching him for Hogan if it's not working.

Grealish to retain his place over Onomah as he is our best attacking outlet currently.

• Like 1

Would like to see something totally different, with more youngsters in the team:          

Johnstone

Elmo  Chester  Suliman  Hutton

Hourihane   JD Hayes

Snodgrass   Grealish    Adomah

Hogan

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, supermon said:

Would like to see something totally different, with more youngsters in the team:          

Johnstone

Elmo  Chester  Suliman  Hutton

Hourihane   JD Hayes

Snodgrass   Grealish    Adomah

Hogan

:huh:

----------------johnstone------------------

elmo----------chester----jedinak---------taylor

grealish-----whelan------hourihane------adomah

-----------------davis------------------------------------

--------------hogan----------------------------------------

bench