• Onomah
    • Grealish
    • Adomah
    • Hogan (Whelan 65)
    • Agbonlahor (Onomah 83)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/12/17 at 17:30

19 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Just looking at the ratings are we rating the managers performance based on the result now? we had no 100% fit strikers today and had to play a midfielder at centre back to save going with a centre back whose last start 3 months ago was dire.

We lost the game today because of one diabolical error and losing possession in injury time whilst chasing the game. Aside from that we did ok and dominated possession but not surprisingly lacked a cutting edge.

We played dour negative football for 70 minutes until he brought on some strikers and we only didnt loose by 5 or 6 thanks to the heroics of the goalie.

We didnt create a single good svoring chance, derby created 6. 

To my mind that means the manager dod a bad job regardless of injuries.

• Like 2

On 16/12/2017 at 23:05, Demitri_C said:

Not at all. Derby were not better than us in the slightest, one was idiotic and stupid by whelan and undefendable in my eyes

I thought bar Grealish & Johnstone Saturday Derby were far superior than us, they should of been 2 up within the first couple of minutes. 

The away end could see it was not working at half time, yet as per usual we have to wait 70 mins for a sub (and a striker) to come onto the pitch

Even more baffling was his BBC WM interview.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, avfc456 said:

I thought bar Grealish & Johnstone Saturday Derby were far superior than us, they should of been 2 up within the first couple of minutes. 

The away end could see it was not working at half time, yet as per usual we have to wait 70 mins for a sub (and a striker) to come onto the pitch

Even more baffling was his BBC WM interview.

See i thought derby dominated up tp the mistake then we went at them with little to now quality and second half they did absolutely nothing until they scored that sucker punch.

They certainly defended a hell of a lot better than us. If vydra was injured like kodj has derby would struggle like we have.

Bruce made a fatal error by not playing a striker and he deserves to be critised for that. That was sheer embarassing. I never want to see a team without a recognised striker again from him

45 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

And for a few months it started happening. It's just gone shit again. 

Did it though?

In his entire tenure i can only think of a few games (less than 5) where i felt we actually played well.  On the whole we are an awful football team and very rarely look like scoring but for individual magic.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

See i thought derby dominated up tp the mistake then we went at them with little to now quality and second half they did absolutely nothing until they scored that sucker punch.

They certainly defended a hell of a lot better than us. If vydra was injured like kodj has derby would struggle like we have.

Bruce made a fatal error by not playing a striker and he deserves to be critised for that. That was sheer embarassing. I never want to see a team without a recognised striker again from him

What I find most baffling though is it took him 70 minutes to put a striker on!!  

I agree to an extent with your point though, we had a lot of possession but we are so slow to advance forward that Derby had ample time Saturday to get their shape back and we had no where to go, nor had any invention to break them down or find a killer pass, bar Grealish, who whenever he seemed to get close to the box, had no options on for him.  Even when we were having a go second half I cant really remember many clear chances we had, the weak Snodgrass effort and Hogans glancing header which was a tough one but bar those I am struggling.

I would like to put it down to a bad day at the office, but we seem to have to many of these bad days at the office against the teams in and around us, especially away from home.

I wrote in the pre-match thread that I was with Bruce for the line-up 

IF

the tactics were to attack, pass, move, carry and try to get us moving forward at their CB‘s. We would either get through on goal or have a player brought down trying to do so. I also thought Hourihane could get a goal or 2 from freekicks around their box.

A quite simple theory, but Bruce didnt appear to even try it.

I havent seen any stats, did we even get a freekick within shooting distance?

Â