• Onomah
    • Grealish
    • Adomah
    • Hogan (Whelan 65)
    • Agbonlahor (Onomah 83)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/12/17 at 17:30

20 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Because Whelan is 1 player of 11.

Doesn't pick himself, manage the team, or "have no millions to spend".

Our issues are deeper than the shite Whelan pass for the goal.

Not at all. Derby were not better than us in the slightest, one was idiotic and stupid by whelan and undefendable in my eyes

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I watched today's game and although we lost im not actually that disheartened. I think they done a smash and grab on us. 

Good job we took a few points we should have over the last few games to soften the blow then hey?

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Not at all. Derby were not better than us in the slightest, one was idiotic and stupid by whelan and undefendable in my eyes

Neither were Millwall, and a plethora of other teams?

How long is this an argument which comforts us last?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Just looking at the ratings are we rating the managers performance based on the result now? we had no 100% fit strikers today and had to play a midfielder at centre back to save going with a centre back whose last start 3 months ago was dire.

We lost the game today because of one diabolical error and losing possession in injury time whilst chasing the game. Aside from that we did ok and dominated possession but not surprisingly lacked a cutting edge.

Edited by markavfc40

11 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Just looking at the ratings are we rating the managers performance based on the result now? we had no 100% fit strikers today and had to play a midfielder at centre back to save going with a centre back whose last start 3 months ago was dire.

We lost the game today because of one diabolical error and losing possession in injury time whilst chasing the game. Aside from that we did ok and dominated possession but not surprisingly lacked a cutting edge.

The ratings are a parallel of where we are now - 5th - sliding down the table - less players fit, on form or being effective for us to climb the table.

The argue „for“ has been „but Bruce gets us results“

Well my maths say that if 2ppg is the perceived total we need, the last 3 games has cost us 4 pts less ( 2pts from 3 games instead of 6pts from 3games) this last game being the worst „result“ from the 3.

Note - going WDDL suggests things are not getting better

That simply means 4 wins are needed to make up the pts we have lost.

Add to that the ppg we are already behind ( in the 2ppg theory) and there is little if nothing to suggest its a good job done till now. Directly meaning the job need doing in the future needs to be less und les faultless as the games whittle away.

I hope the patience are at breaking point and it doesnt need much more to tip Tony over the edge.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Why is Bruce getting slated more than whelan? Whelan is a absolute joke a walking disaster. I never want to see him play door us again. A 33 year old hasbeen

because Whelan didnt start a team with 8 midfielders in it. No striker, right back and one centre back

Bruce is the problem not Whelan

That's the main concern for me is this pattern Bruce is developing for shoe-horning certain players into the team at the expense of overall team balance. 

Fair enough if the fitness of Hogan & Gabby was not quite there. But:

Playing at Jedi at CB instead of Elphick. 

Playing Elmo at RB instead of RDL or Hutton. 

And Albert, Grealish, Snodgrass and Onomah had no apparent  idea where each one of them was supposed to be and who was doing what. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Neither were Millwall, and a plethora of other teams?

How long is this an argument which comforts us last?

Agreed but today we were not in any danger of conceding until a moment of idiotic proportions. I still dont understand what the hell whelan thought he would achieve with a suicidal pass like that. I am not happy with that clown

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

because Whelan didnt start a team with 8 midfielders in it. No striker, right back and one centre back

Bruce is the problem not Whelan

I agree that bruce should get slated for not starting a striker if you go back and see i said that lineup was embarassing and he shoudl get slated for that. But why is whelan getting a free ride?? The guys a walking a disaster how many bad mistakes has this clown made? This one was just **** ridiculous and i am sick to death of him

I want him gone or backup not a starter anymore. He is not good enough if you want promotion

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

We're just so easy to nullify as an attacking team. Oppositions know we don't have the players/coaching to play through the middle so step one is:

1) Just let us knock it around in front of them.

2) Once we get it out wide, double up on whoever has it (Adomah or Snodgrass)

3) We eventually play it back to a defender. Pressure him a bit then....... HOOOOOOOOOOOOOF!

It's so predictable. It's like groundhog every time we get the ball, every single game.

This is similar to what i saw too, but we beat ourselves...derby were terrible and scored against the run of play which changed the game. They did their homework and doubled up on Snodgrass which is why we looked blunted. Only chances came from jack improvising. Rowett did a great job shackling us but it cosy them going forward. They played like the away team.

Thought derby were terrible till Whelan came off and they could get a grip of midfield. Funny enough they played exactly like we normally do...zero composure but get the better chances on the break. Game changed when we had to change it to get Hogan on. In saying that we could still be playing now and we wouldn't score. As soon as the goal went in we knew it too.

The stats back it up....massive superiority on possession but feck all attempts. This striker we get in jan has a lot of pressure on his shoulders. Can't expect to go up with no goals from the front

Seems silly saying it but there are some positives from today. Connor looked quality and needs to get forward more. Jack looks good at this lv too, terrified the defence but nothing upfront to capitalise. Whelan dominated the midfield but dropped a couple of massive clangers including that back pass for the goal was almost comical; That cost us. Jedi looked composed at the back but by God strikers with pace are going to love playing against him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I agree that bruce should get slated for not starting a striker if you go back and see i said that lineup was embarassing and he shoudl get slated for that. But why is whelan getting a free ride?? The guys a walking a disaster how many bad mistakes has this clown made? This one was just **** ridiculous and i am sick to death of him

I want him gone or backup not a starter anymore. He is not good enough if you want promotion

He wasn't good enough prior to Villa buying him. Awful, limited player and on a par with Jedinak. Stated as such when it was rumoured that Villa were interested in purchasing Whelan.

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, striker said:

He wasn't good enough prior to Villa buying him. Awful, limited player and on a par with Jedinak. Stated as such when it was rumoured that Villa were interested in purchasing Whelan.

Completely agree. We couldn't find a better sk than a 33 year old coming to end if his career. The guys gash and Bruce needs to address this

• Like 1

There are games for slating Whelan but yesterday wasn't one imo. 

His job is simple, retaining possession of the ball to keep us moving, anything else is a bonus. Since we dominated the ball yesterday is say his job was done. I'm not trying to paper over his clangers but everyone is capable of messing up, we are human after all.  

In fact as soon as we lost him for Hogan we immediately lost the midfield battle and allowed derby s lot more into the game.

I agree it was whelans fault that we had to gamble in the first place but pervrsely it did highlight how well his general play was for me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nigel said:

There are games for slating Whelan but yesterday wasn't one imo. 

His job is simple, retaining possession of the ball to keep us moving, anything else is a bonus. Since we dominated the ball yesterday is say his job was done. I'm not trying to paper over his clangers but everyone is capable of messing up, we are human after all.  

In fact as soon as we lost him for Hogan we immediately lost the midfield battle and allowed derby s lot more into the game.

I agree it was whelans fault that we had to gamble in the first place but pervrsely it did highlight how well his general play was for me.

This 100%. Whelan did drop a massive clanger but without his type of presence we are too easily overpowered in the middle of the park, I am not his biggest fan but I can only look at Bruce if we're looking to apportion blame as he picked the team. We need a clear plan B for when our wingers are nullified and that is down to the manager and coaching staff to sort. The only mitigation is we have been very unlucky with injuries to key players but please no more suggestions of playing Elphick under any circumstances!

17 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Are you serious ?

Did you not actually notice that we played with no shape, no style, no real commitment ?

Have you not noticed that we haven't played with any obvious style / shape / pattern for over a year now ?

I can't believe that people think we are only struggling in games like that because of "injuries" or because of "Whelan", etc, etc ..... we are taking a bunch of high quality ingredients and baking an out of date McDonalds burger and that is down to the manager and his coaching team, full stop, end of !

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Are you serious ?

Did you not actually notice that we played with no shape, no style, no real commitment ?

Have you not noticed that we haven't played with any obvious style / shape / pattern for over a year now ?

I can't believe that people think we are only struggling in games like that because of "injuries" or because of "Whelan", etc, etc ..... we are taking a bunch of high quality ingredients and baking an out of date McDonalds burger and that is down to the manager and his coaching team, full stop, end of !

What did derby do second half please tell me ? They did absolutely nothing. 

Brice was wrong playing no striker and i wont defend him for that, it was embarassing and what a stupid game to trial it on

However millwall were more all over us more than derby.  We were comfortable until whelan decided ti gove them an assist with their goal. Wait a go glenn :thumb:

Â