• Onomah
    • Grealish
    • Adomah
    • Hogan (Whelan 65)
    • Agbonlahor (Onomah 83)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/12/17 at 17:30

You would have expected our management team to get it by half time that it wasn't working and bring on Hogan directly. It didn't look like he was knackered at the end, so he could have made the whole half. Otherwise bring on Gabby the last 10. In the short time Hogan was on he at least took up a couple of good positions in the box and was at the end of a few crosses. It didn't get very close, but it was at least some attempts to score. It's a crazy idea, but who knows, with the whole 45 min perhaps he would have gotten on the end of a couple of more crosses, and with the help of god perhaps even manage to score. I've heard he has done that before at some time. 

We were poor today have been for a while we are struggling for goals need a striker in Jan ,we have been poor against all the top sides but we still have them all to play at home and are in the playoffs still despite being on a bad run still all to play for but still badly need a striker in Jan .

34 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Manager says we made lots of individual errors and that there wasn't much in the game except for the errors.

Team selection was the biggest of those individuals errors. Not a surprise to see that we lost given that selection. It's also not a surprise to see gabby back, he was always going to get another chance. Lastly it's not a surprise that we are in a fight for the playoffs and that the downturn in form, that many on here predicted, has arrived. Bruce isn't good enough to manage this club, never has been, never will be. 

• Like 3

Disappointing is an understatement. Never looked like scoring despite have all our attacking midfielders on the pitch. 

Mention of Derby’s shithouse time wasting tactics as well. Players going down to stop us building any momentum and balls being kicked away when already out of play to waste even more time. Incredibly frustrating but then shouldn’t expect anything less from an ex-Small heath manager.

need to improve and get back to winning ways fast!

• Like 1

To be fair to Bruce I think his tactics worked today. With that set up we were never going out to win.  Looked like most of them were told not to go for goal.

You can't be challenging for promotion and go out and play like that. The tactics were awful and Bruce needs to get some balls and understand if a player is not pulling there weight and causing more trouble than good, bring him off in the first half, or latest, just after the restart, here's looking at you Whelan you useless *****

It frustrates f*** out of me, Bruce cannot make a sub before 70 minutes, I mean whats the problem? We cannot afford to carry players anymore, we have had enough of it in the past.  Yes it degrades a player to bring him off early, but some need it once in a while, Whelan definately, even just to remind him what we are playing for...................................F****** promotion!!

I always thought Whelan was back up for Jed but Jed passes forwards at every chance he gets, Whelan passes back every time he gets. We looked so much better without him.

I actually think dropping Grealish for Whelan and playing Davis or Hogan and we would look a lot better.

• Like 1

I'm at the point where I'll accept another season here if it means we get a manager to build an ethos ffs.

Not dissing Bruce, he is a "Mans man" and what not, but not a long term. Ffs.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Its not the end of the world to lose to the 4th best team in the league  away from home with a slew of injuries including our only really fit forward overnight.   Overall it was a fairly close game but individual errors and inability to take chances cost us. Yes we had plenty of possession in the second half but many of our players such as Snodgrass were far, far, to slow in releasing the ball.  I doubt we are to get 2nd but if we can get through this patch over christmas then top 6 should be achievable. The question is can we beat 2 of these sides in 3 games to go up though. 

I though Onomah was poor today imo. Square pegs in round holes. He is not striker or Jedinak is a defender. Whelan made a big mistake but overall I still think he is decent for us in most games. 

I would like to know how many games we have won with Grealish starting a match- it can't be very high. He showed flashes of talent but he still not aware enough of his fellow team mates.

Shef United obviously a big game now- we haven't lost 2 in a row since August.

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Why is Bruce getting slated more than whelan? Whelan is a absolute joke a walking disaster. I never want to see him play door us again. A 33 year old hasbeen

Probably because Bruce signed him, coached him, gave him time, saw him play shit and continued to pick him?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Why is Bruce getting slated more than whelan? Whelan is a absolute joke a walking disaster. I never want to see him play door us again. A 33 year old hasbeen

Because Whelan is 1 player of 11.

Doesn't pick himself, manage the team, or "have no millions to spend".

Our issues are deeper than the shite Whelan pass for the goal.

• Like 2

Â