Match Thread: Derby v Villa

limpid

It's difficult, we're passing and passing and passing but we're not creating any chances - so they're comfortable to let us have it and we get lulled into errors. 

If Gabby and Hogan have twenty minutes or so each in them, I'd have one of them on now.

Just now, One For The Road said:

I've been reliably informed that we are going to finish top 2. Not only that, but if you don't believe that HUGLEY unlikely scenario then you are a doom monger. 

By who? 

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

It's difficult, we're passing and passing and passing but we're not creating any chances - so they're comfortable to let us have it and we get lulled into errors. 

If Gabby and Hogan have twenty minutes or so each in them, I'd have one of them on now.

Need Hogan on. Grealish is finding space to run into, but he needs more movement in front of him. 

2 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

I've been reliably informed that we are going to finish top 2. Not only that, but if you don't believe that HUGLEY unlikely scenario then you are a doom monger. 

**** off with this sarcastic 'I'm a realistic fan' bullshit. It's just baiting for a reaction and massively unhelpful.

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Bruce's fault that :crylaugh: 

I never get this. 

Whelan scores a wonder goal and we win 1-0 and bruce gets the praise. He **** up, which i would say has some part to the fact we have no outlet so we are passing in the wrong areas and the fact we clearly aren't coached to be a passing side and nothing to do with the manager. 

• Like 2

Did Bruce cause that?  Of course not

did he sign whelan?  Did he start whelan?  Will he start whelan next game?   Will he tell whelan to stop making blind passes back to the keeper?  Will Bruce bench whelan when he does?  Did Bruce tell whelan to stop making blind passes back to the keeper last time he did it? (This isn’t the first) if so will he bench whelan now?  

So, did Bruce tell whelan to pass directly to an unmarked attacker? Of course not.  Does Bruce still bear some responsibility for it.  Of course he does

• Like 4

Just now, DCJonah said:

So when a player scores it is down to them and not the manager. 

When does the manager take responsibility for what happens on the pitch?

It always used to be Lambert’s fault, strangely.

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I never get this. 

Whelan scores a wonder goal and we win 1-0 and bruce gets the praise. He **** up, which i would say has some part to the fact we have no outlet so we are passing in the wrong areas and the fact we clearly aren't coached to be a passing side and nothing to do with the manager. 

Bruce would get the credit for the result. not the actual goal.

If we lose this game then Bruce gets the blame.

Bruce doesn't get the blame for that specific incident, which the post was referring to.

If Whelan put one in the top corner from 30 yards nobody would be immediately posting "YES BRUCE! GET IN!!"

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1