The Chop List - Winter 2017

AvfcRigo82

Hopefully mccormacks form might make   a championship club interested. Id we can get 5-6m for him that is a great start. If a good offer comes in for de laet i would consider letting him go same with elphick. No one is taking richards or gabby so suck with those two. 

If a good offer came in for hogan i would let him go too.

On 13/12/2017 at 16:20, Czechlad said:

Literally would just be paying out their contracts. Might as well keep them at the club just in case we get in an apocalyptic scenario where half our squad gets injured. 

I do sometimes wonder about this. There must be masses of hidden costs they incur just by being around the place. 

I bet they all eat for free at the canteens for example. I am sure paying up contracts should cause savings somehow otherwise why would clubs ever do it? 

Then again they will need paying in a lump sum rather than by installments so maybe our internal rate of return outweighs all the hidden costs. 

I just don't see the benefit of having surplus players around and I imagine we have tried to move them on, but a) they are not willing to go and drop wages B) why should they up sticks when they are getting gauranteed wages for doing **** all for the next 2 and a half years.

22 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I just don't see the benefit of having surplus players around and I imagine we have tried to move them on, but a) they are not willing to go and drop wages B) why should they up sticks when they are getting gauranteed wages for doing **** all for the next 2 and a half years.

I think that's the case with Elphick.

Was surprised no one came in August for him as it was obvious he was miles down the pecking order and he did have a decent reputation at Bournemouth so you'd think a lower end championship club would take him.

Then you realise us signing him and immediately making him captain last year would've been a nice bargaining position in his contract talks. The captain after all is usually one of the highest paid players at the club so when you think what some of our strikers are on then he's had a very good living here for 18 months despite it not going right on the pitch.

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Chop list winter 2017...

Steve Bruce 1st out the door please  :thumb:

literally the ONLY way we will have any effect to the team, performances and results from any incoming players is if a different manager is in charge

Therefore. yes. 100%

1st for the chop = Steve Bruce

• Like 1

On 15/12/2017 at 00:00, AvfcRigo82 said:

What are surplus players though? Many would consider Elphick to be one yet he came on last week because we have an injury crisis. 

If you take it to its most literal sense we should only have 18 full time pros. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎14‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:08, AvfcRigo82 said:

The list being the majority of our squad that will be left after contract expirys and loans ending will look something like:

Steer, Gollini

De Laet, Bree, Elmohammady, Chester, ElphickGreen, Taylor.

Adomah, Thishbola, Lansbury, Jedinak, Whelen, Lyden, Grealish, Hourihane, Gardner, Bjarnasson, 

Hogan, McCormack, Davis

That is the squad we would be left with come June 2018 if we where promoted. Scary!

The bold for me highlights the players that will not cut it in the premier league now and would need to be moved on.

The underlined represents our own who we would look to loan out to a team in this league and not yet ready for PL yet.

The remainder I feel would do well amongst a new team which is what would be required, however. It could be a task offloading some of the others.

Would it be a bad thing, if the above squad was all we had come June 2018??  I for one would be the proverbial " Over the moon" if our squad does look like this in June.

13 minutes ago, eddiemunster said:

Would it be a bad thing, if the above squad was all we had come June 2018??  I for one would be the proverbial " Over the moon" if our squad does look like this in June.

There is enough quality there for a decent manager to get top 6

• 3 weeks later...

So looks like it's Tshisbola, McCormack, Bjarnasson & Elphick that we appear to be focusing on shipping out this month.

McCormack on an extended loan.

Tshisbola appears to have a few potential interested suitors.

Bjarnasson with the link to Serie A.

And Elphick also bound to attract interest following his decent displays of late.

I think if around £6m is raised from the latter 3 parting then it gives us a little bit of cash in our pocket to maybe bring in someone else as well as the couple of loans.

Â