Preppers

chrisp65

I read this as peppers and was coming to comment about how I find jalapeno the best all round, but ramiros are lovely and sweet.

You probably don't want much hotter than a Bolivian rainbow or Apache. Nagas are just too hot. 50,000 scovilles is a nice kick.

My usual drinking days over the xmas period were my works do, xmas day, Boxing Day, and New Year's Eve or New Year's Day. Xmas day usually started off with a glass of wine around 6.30-7 in the morning, then steady drinking the rest of the day without getting too drunk. By the night I'd stop and just fall asleep watching an old film. 

My Christmas Day drinking habits changed as of last year. It used to be start with a very large baileys at Breakfast and then beer and wine throughout. I now have a small rule that my grandson wont see me drink or be drunk so last year as they came over for tea I was dry on Christmas day, this year they are coming over just for dinner so won't have a drink until they all go.

Edited by Seat68

45 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

My Christmas Day drinking habits changed as of last year. It used to be start with a very large baileys at Breakfast and then beer and wine throughout. I now have a small rule that my grandson wont see me drink or be drunk so last year as they came over for tea I was dry on Christmas day, this year they are coming over just for dinner so won't have a drink until they all go.

Oh no, you've made me feel guilty now. 

48 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I love baileys, but it's got to have ice in it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Oh no, you've made me feel guilty now. 

Nah, my wife doesn't care but I do, my parents were pretty much always drunk so I didn't want my grandson to think of me as drunk granddad. 

A normal xmas day would be a glass of wine about 7, then up to her sisters about 10 where her fella would feed me treble vodkas. I'd come out of there slightly merry then onto her mums where I'd have a whiskey. My grandad don't drink, so it would be a dry visit there, then home for between 1-2 where I'd have a few bottles/cans. After I've eaten my dinner, I'd stop drinking and help tidy up, then just relax and nod off watching tv. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

My typical Xmas day drinks schedule would run something like: 

9.00 am - get up. Mug of tea with large slug of Scotch in it. 

11.00 am - small bottle of lager. 

1.00 pm - malt whisky. 

2.00 pm (dinner) - sherry - red wine - sweet white wine - port - cognac. 

5.00 pm - bottle of ale. 

7.00 pm to midnight - probably wine, but could be pretty much anything. 

It's all about steady pacing. 

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

It's  surprising how much you can drink when you pace yourself. 

Thing is, I don't get falling over drunk, just pleasantly relaxed. And it's the only day of the year I do it. 

15 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

What, all day/night drinking? 

Yeah. Apart from the very occasional meet up with old mates for a pub lunch that stretches into the afternoon and evening, I don't drink in the daytime. And evenings at home are one bottle of ale OR a couple of glasses of wine, max. I like alcohol, but my objective is not to get shitfaced. 

Since my kid came along, drinking culture is really off putting to me. No idea why, I just dislike it all of a sudden.

I can have a drink when he's not around, but not get really drunk.  It worries me now for some reason. 

Anyway, xmas day ill probably have a little bucks fizz with breakfast, a small glass of wine with dinner and maybe a whisky when my lad is in snoozeville. 

That contradicts my first statement :)

I never drink as much as I think I do, especially at my parents as they have a woodburner which makes me feel very sleepy / more prone to headaches from a speedier dehydration.

Xmas eve drinks with my partner, my brother and his fiancee,

Xmas day - probably will be glass of something bubbly in the morning before a church service ( I've just accepted this as a compromise to my mum, it really isn't worth being a dick about, plus it is usually a "fun" one ), then probably quite restrained - maybe a glass of wine, or a bottle of chinese lager that's lying around from the last time my dad ordered a chinese ( neither he nor my brother can drink beer ), before indulging those whiskies in the evening. White Russians / cocktails saved for NYE ;)

edit: so basically snap with @lapal_fan then, although admittedly there's no maybe about the whisky. :P

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 1

Â