Preppers

chrisp65

On 12/12/2017 at 01:58, bickster said:

Personally I dont like the canned product, I always think I can taste the can. I do like a few Brains beers though, especially Brains Black

I'm the same with canned beer. I really don't like it and I agree you can taste the can, especially if you drink straight from it (for obvious reasons)

I always go for a bottle. Even if I'm pouring it into a glass.

Might all be in my head...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Not a scrap of food in that fridge @mjmooney

It's the spare fridge out in the garage - there's food in the freezer compartment, but the fridge half is mainly for booze. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

What is it with the name moon in a surname and alcohol. Mooney doing his best to emulate moon the loon :)

:blush: But, but... it's Christmas... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm the same with canned beer. I really don't like it and I agree you can taste the can, especially if you drink straight from it (for obvious reasons)

I always go for a bottle. Even if I'm pouring it into a glass.

Might all be in my head...

Agree. 

There is definitely a correlation between taste quality and receptacle it is consumes from. For example, coca cola. Tastes far better in a glass bottle than a plastic bottle. It also tastes better from a can than a plastic bottle. 

• Like 1

Just now, Xela said:

Agree. 

There is definitely a correlation between taste quality and receptacle it is consumes from. For example, coca cola. Tastes far better in a glass bottle than a plastic bottle. It also tastes better from a can than a plastic bottle. 

...is the right answer. We were on a week's holiday last month with some old friends, and my mate who's a keen drinker brought loads of Old Speckled Hen... but it was in cans. I think I only drank two, and otherwise stuck to the wine. Cans just ruin beer. 

• Like 2

Â