Pre match chit chat

villa89

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I honestly do see where you are coming from and it is hard not to agree with you.

Like me you have witnessed the same shit for too long and reality is too hard to ignore.

I also agree with many other posters positive team line ups for this game and on paper we should be taking 3 points from this game and ripping up this league.

The reality of it for me is sadly the reality and that this squad on paper is led by a very hot and cold manager.

I think we have the potential to spring a suprise and nick this only marginally by no more than a goal.

It could be one where Derby have 46 shots on target and 76% possession over the entire game and score 1 goal, - Villa have 24% possession, 2 shots on target and 2 goals.

However, my heart tells me don't count on it and Derby win 4-0 and it's a keep out the Steve Bruce thread to you all.

As things stand. Things could go either way and it is just so unpredictable.

We must get a minimum of 1 pt from this game however scrappy, whatever the line up and I am going to say this game will end as Desmond.

I'll take that. 

IMG_7402.JPG

16 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I honestly do see where you are coming from and it is hard not to agree with you.

Like me you have witnessed the same shit for too long and reality is too hard to ignore.

I also agree with many other posters positive team line ups for this game and on paper we should be taking 3 points from this game and ripping up this league.

The reality of it for me is sadly the reality and that this squad on paper is led by a very hot and cold manager.

I think we have the potential to spring a suprise and nick this only marginally by no more than a goal.

It could be one where Derby have 46 shots on target and 76% possession over the entire game and score 1 goal, - Villa have 24% possession, 2 shots on target and 2 goals.

However, my heart tells me don't count on it and Derby win 4-0 and it's a keep out the Steve Bruce thread to you all.

As things stand. Things could go either way and it is just so unpredictable.

We must get a minimum of 1 pt from this game however scrappy, whatever the line up and I am going to say this game will end as..

220px-TutuCOP17.JPG

Rigo (if I can call you that)

Nothing would please me more than for us to win our way to promotion out of this league.

I‘d say „thanx Brucie“ even if a big part of my heart and soul would think that it would be a combination of our players v the shit this league has to offer.

The truth is

I havent seen enough from Bruce to believe, even with our players and the shit that is in this league, that we could get promoted.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Rigo (if I can call you that)

Nothing would please me more than for us to win our way to promotion out of this league.

I‘d say „thanx Brucie“ even if a big part of my heart and soul would think that it would be a combination of our players v the shit this league has to offer.

The truth is

I havent seen enough from Bruce to believe, even with our players and the shit that is in this league, that we could get promoted.

Hear hear!

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

I actually think we’ll sneak a cheeky win here, we’re hard to beat which is an asset that’s he’s to come by in this league and although last game was a nil nil, we’re still managing to score a bit even with our attacking line up severely hampered. 

Come on Villa!! 

For me changes needed

I would go for

-------------------------jonhstone-----------------------

taylor--------chester--------jedinak-------elmo

adomah-----whelan----hourihane----lansbury----grealish

-------------------------------hogan-------------------------------------

davis and onomah on bench to mix it up if goes wrong

• Like 1

Based on the last 7 years its a loss. Based on this season its very possibly a win.

The facts are that we have only lost 2 out of the last 18 games, its a shame that people are so unhappy with that with regards to the league position but you literally have to win every week to be in the top 2. We aren't quite there yet unfortunately but we really aren't doing that badly, some of the doom merchants on here need to evaluate their definition of success at the moment.

Just look at Sunderland now, that was us last year!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AVFCDAN said:

Based on the last 7 years its a loss. Based on this season its very possibly a win.

The facts are that we have only lost 2 out of the last 18 games, its a shame that people are so unhappy with that with regards to the league position but you literally have to win every week to be in the top 2. We aren't quite there yet unfortunately but we really aren't doing that badly, some of the doom merchants on here need to evaluate their definition of success at the moment.

Just look at Sunderland now, that was us last year!

Exactly, I think it shows you where you have to be to get top 2. Plus we have catching up to do. 

5 hours ago, carewjust4u said:

This x1000000.

I live with a Sunderland fan, and he's suicidal when it comes to football...really gives you some perspective.

I hope you help him out. Us villa fans could be fan councilors the shit we have been through the past seasons.

• Haha 1

We need to freshen up the side, Onomah, Davis and Whelan have looked utterly fatigued and ineffective for the last three games.

Snodgrass and Albert have been marked out of those games also.

Elmo, Grealish and Hogan need to start, even if it doesn't pay off I would rather see Bruce try and vary his tactics and starting eleven, rather than the same hoof ball shit every week.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Players become the answer to our problems when they are not playing. It's happened for years on VT.

Who else can be? If players who are playing week in and out are clearly dropping in form and looking fatigued, causing the team to not perform well, the only way to try to change that is to actually let other players in the squad have a try. I think very few on here sees Hogan as a given answer to our problems,  but more as an option we need to try to change things up a bit cause Davis needs a rest and our attacking play have hit a wall lately.

8 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Players become the answer to our problems when they are not playing. It's happened for years on VT.

Like Adomah right? ;)

I see Weimann is playing I ahte coming up against old players!

Tom Lawerence is out which is a bonus 

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

Johnstone

Elmo  Chester  Jedinak (Terry if fit) Taylor

Hourihane      Whelan

Snodgrass           Grealish            Adomah

Hogan

Subs: Steer Elphick DeLaet Hutton Lansbury Onomah Davis

Time to freshen up a bit, resting Davis and giving Hogan a chance. With Grealish in behind him he has a chance of some balls on the deck for him to play off.

Elmo in for Hutton for his early deliveries into the box and less hoof ball upto Hogan who can't play off the long balls.

It would be nice for Terry to be back for this, but Jedinak would do as well here. I believe Samba is injured.