Match Thread: Villa v Millwall

limpid

2 minutes ago, andym said:

Performances like this are nothing new under Bruce. He has no idea how to get a team to retain possession and pass the ball, and neither does he actually want to.

This is how its going to be all season, put up with crap, sloppy play, and hope that having our (expensive assembled) team of players being individually better than most oppositions can get us enough results. 

This is why I don't have faith with us in the playoffs. 

• Like 4

I'm a bit suprised to see that whelan seems to be much more attacking than Lansbury, who just seems to sit deep all the time. Would like to see him attack more, as he is very capable on the ball. 

And to the people suggesting getting hogan on for davis, at least we notice Davis. I'd rather play with 10 men than with Hogan, as then we would at least have an excuse. 

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

We will get murdered in the playoffs, based on our awful record against top 6 clubs at this level and our utterly shite approach to matches.

Couldn’t bring myself to like this, but do agree.  

I just don’t understand what role Whelan plays? Like Chicken Field saying, he is way more attacking than Lansbury instead of playing as the defensive midfielder. He just isn’t very good at getting the ball forward