Match Thread: Villa v Millwall

limpid

Just now, Daweii said:

He's a great holding midfielder in the making, but either he needs to realise that or someone on the training pitch needs to realise that and suggest it. Davis seems like a kid that wants the glory of being the main goalscorer, but fails to admit to himself that he's shit at the goal scoring portion of the role. I like the lad though he's playing in the wrong position and he probably knows it to. 

I don't know what he is. He can hold the ball up well, but he can't pass, and his touch is pretty poor. He can somewhat dribble, but his strength and size is literally all he has going for him. Davis shouldn't be considered an automatic starter for us anymore. 

• Like 1

Just now, Czechlad said:

I don't know what he is. He can hold the ball up well, but he can't pass, and his touch is pretty poor. He can somewhat dribble, but his strength and size is literally all he has going for him. Davis shouldn't be considered an automatic starter for us anymore. 

This is a largely unfair assessment since he has looked extremely good in number of games for us. I do agree that he shouldn't be an automatic starter though, he is still too young/ raw to be expected to consistently lead our line.

• Like 1

Just now, a m ole said:

No route to the box without Hourihane, Lansbury doing ok to gett us into wide positions where Hutton and Taylor are either short of ideas or short of ability.

Grealish and Hourihane desperately needed on the pitch.

Grealish yes, Hourihane not so much.

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

Elmo for Hutton, someone for Onomah.

Elmo, Grealish and Hogan on for Hutton, Onomah and Davis would be my picks. The changes couldn't do any worse than who they're replacing that's for sure..

1 minute ago, Daweii said:

Lucky to be going in at half-time not 0-4 down. Millwall have had so many chances and without Johnstone they would have scored all of them.. We need much better second half lads. 

Generally speaking an open goal is easier to score in.

• Haha 1