Crystal Palace

NurembergVillan

46 minutes ago, Xela said:

Harald Schumacher says hello! 

Schumacher is still a pantomime villain nearly 40 years later. Nobody outside of Villa and Spurs even remembers the Bosnich thing because not only did the referee completely miss it (we got a goal kick) but Eric Cantona decided to kick a Crystal Palace fan on the same evening so none of the newspapers even ran with the Bosnich story and it's pretty much been lost to time. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Remember this well.

At the time Bosnich was my absolute hero. And I was too young to understand at all how bad a gesture like that was, let alone doing it to Spurs fans. So I remember wondering what all the fuss was about :D 

I've never seen a clip of the foul on Klinsmann. But seen pictures and heard about it. Sounded like an absolute shocker.

Yep I was too young to know what the fuss was about, but I do remember the foul. Bozzy’s thigh cleared out Klinnsmanns nose, Klinnsmann was upright.. (hadn’t seen the photo above)

As for Hennessy very very stupid thing to do.

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I think the story is his hilarious denial rather than the actual gesture. Like I said above, I reckon if he'd come out and straight up just apologised and said it was a badly judged joke then it would have been relatively ok.

But denying it just makes him look stupid.

Or, he might be genuine, if you were genuine you probably wouldn't fancy sticking your hand up to apologise......we'll never know but easy to make assumptions off a photo.... 

21 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Or, he might be genuine, if you were genuine you probably wouldn't fancy sticking your hand up to apologise......we'll never know but easy to make assumptions off a photo.... 

Sorry... have you seen the photo? :D 

That Bozzie hit on Klinsmann was my first ever night game. I still remember the feeling walking out seeing the stadium all lit up, magical. 

I think it was also the same night Cantona kicked the fan in the crowd.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Their keeper 39yr old Julian Speroni practically gifted Liverplop 3 goals today.

Totally shocking and he makes Gabor Kiraly look like Buffon.

Unbelievable to watch and Palace could have got something from this game today had it not been for that ass-clown in goal.

Â