Products you would like to see make a comeback

AvfcRigo82

2 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I see a version of these at our local middle eastern market, but probably very different contents? 

I doubt there was any actual juice in a Jubbly it was just an odd shaped carton of orange squash but they came into their own in hot weather because shop owners would put them in the Ice-Cream freezer and turn them into odd shaped freeze-pops and you could run then across your forehead very easily to cool yourself down before you sucked the frozen contents. You could also suck it so the "juice" came out but the ice remained so you were left with a really odd shaped lump of ice for further cooling purposes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, bickster said:

I doubt there was any actual juice in a Jubbly it was just an odd shaped carton of orange squash but they came into their own in hot weather because shop owners would put them in the Ice-Cream freezer and turn them into odd shaped freeze-pops and you could run then across your forehead very easily to cool yourself down before you sucked the frozen contents. You could also suck it so the "juice" came out but the ice remained so you were left with a really odd shaped lump of ice for further cooling purposes

That was always the problem with Jubblies.  You just ended up with a lump of ice whereas Tiptops would melt more evenly. 

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

That was always the problem with Jubblies.  You just ended up with a lump of ice whereas Tiptops would melt more evenly. 

Your problem is my design feature

(I have just decided that this will be the title of my first album that I will never make because I'm no musician)

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

Your problem is my design feature

(I have just decided that this will be the title of my first album that I will never make because I'm no musician)

Didn't stop Mark E Smith. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Didn't stop Mark E Smith. 

You sir are an inspiration, I shall start writing tonight

I shall call myself Over the Mooney in your honour

The rest of the world will not thank you :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Asbestos.

Technically, asbestos does make a come back, that's how it still manages to kill people decades later. 

I've got mixed feelings about the asbestos garage I helped my Dad knock down in 1985 :unsure:

• Shocked 2

You were probably fortunate to miss this lab-concocted confection, but when I was a kid, we went crazy over this stuff. Loved the banana flavour. We also used to save the jars and use them as drinking glasses in my family because, well, we broke a lot of glasses (four kids).

On 18/07/2022 at 00:29, GarethRDR said:

This is going to be a bit of rant; frozen pizza in the UK went to absolute shit about 15 years ago and has never, ever recovered.  We used to have choice, GOD we used to have SO. MUCH. CHOICE.  Frozen Deep Pan essentially doesn't exist anymore, not properly.  They changed the recipe to Chicago Town at some point at the turn of the millennium and it's been cheapy cardboardy crap ever since.  How Goodfellas, perennially the ginger stepchild of frozen pizza choice, somehow survived and persisted to this day is a bafflement.  What the **** happened to McCain? And Freschetta?

The real pisser, you only have to step foot just outside the UK for vastly better choice.  We get, what, Dr. Oetker's "Ristorante" range over here and that's about it.  Have you seen the sheer number of varieties of friggin' frozen pizza the Doctor is peddlin' in your average European supermarket?  It beggars belief!  Proper Deep Pan, Stone-baked style, all the rest and it's all real good shit.  And don't even talk to me about how good the bloody Yanks have it.  GAH.

Good call.  I always thought Dr Oetker were the best frozen pizza until...

Crosta & Mollica Pizza Margherita 463g – Trevaskis Farm

Stock image, sure, but the Crosta & Mollica frozen pizzas are genuinely very good.

Edited by bobzy

31 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Crosta & Mollica

There is nothing they do that I've found to be shit, though I still draw the line at frozen pizza

Their not frozen pizzas are great but we generally use the pizza base that's just smeared with  tomato and top them ourselves with Tuna, Peppers, Olives Cheese etc.

I no longer eat toast unless its made with their Pana Pugliese Italian Toasting Bread. We use an awful lot of their products 

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Good call.  I always thought Dr Oetker were the best frozen pizza until...

Crosta & Mollica Pizza Margherita 463g – Trevaskis Farm

Stock image, sure, but the Crosta & Mollica frozen pizzas are genuinely very good.

C&M ones are probably the best going at the mo (their Tartufi are also great) but they do cost a pretty penny.  The Gino D'Acampo range from Food Warehouse/Asda/Iceland is a very close second, pretty much as good the C&M stuff but much cheaper (the trade-off being I have to mingle with the filthy proles in Food Warehouse/Asda/Iceland to get them... how ghastly).

7 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Asbestos.

There’s alway spare seats at St Andrews mate so won’t have any issues getting tickets. 

Edited by av1

• 11 months later...

FOllowing on their mention in another thread recently

@Xela It's not just a figment of my imagination look..

On 04/12/2017 at 14:43, MickeyC_UTV said:

Apple pie and custard drifter

On 05/12/2017 at 00:59, VILLAMARV said:

Yes mate. And the Banana ones.

• Like 1

On 18/07/2022 at 09:26, rjw63 said:

I used to like rissoles as a kid, I'm sure Birds Eye made em. Then they just disappeared, forever. 

I'd like to know why. 

There are a couple of decent chippys in Cardiff that still make their own, but it's the only place I've seen a rissole in years. I do like a rissole.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

There are a couple of decent chippys in Cardiff that still make their own, but it's the only place I've seen a rissole in years. I do like a rissole.

"Waiter! I'd to order the pissoles, please" 

"I beg, your pardon?!!" 

"The pissoles. Look, here, on the menu" 

(Checks menu)

"Oh, ha ha, I do apologise, there's a misprint. That should be an 'R'" 

"Oh, very well, I'll have the arse'oles, then" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â