FA Cup 3rd round draw

Demitri_C

16 hours ago, KJT123 said:

I'd love a good cup run, but if it has any possible way of affecting our promotion push, i'd like us out in the first round. Get to the Premier League at all costs. 

Which would you rather - Cup win or promotion to the Premier League?

16 hours ago, KJT123 said:

I'd love a good cup run, but if it has any possible way of affecting our promotion push, i'd like us out in the first round. Get to the Premier League at all costs. 

We've already made it to the 3rd Round so it wouldn't be too bad to get knocked out at this stage :ph34r:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Easily the Cup.

Sky spend millions hyping the premier league - with hysterical reporters screaming when a corner is given or not given, etc. With one or two exceptions the premier league is actually pretty dull football. I heard a stat that 11 teams currently in the PL are now averaging less than one goal a game.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Easily the Cup.

Sky spend millions hyping the premier league - with hysterical reporters screaming when a corner is given or not given, etc. With one or two exceptions the premier league is actually pretty dull football. I heard a stat that 11 teams currently in the PL are now averaging less than one goal a game.

If we won the cup then we go into europe imagine trying to handle championship football and europa? We would syruggle badly and never get back up.

Promotion for me all day long.

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Assuming "Cup" in this question (and thread) is only the FA Cup, and not the Rumbelows then I think I'd go for the cup win.  But I might give a different answer tomorrow.  At least that's how much I've cooled down on the Premier League and how much I'd love us to i) get some silverware and ii) put that horrible 61 year run to bed.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, BOF said:

Assuming "Cup" in this question (and thread) is only the FA Cup, and not the Rumbelows then I think I'd go for the cup win.  But I might give a different answer tomorrow.  At least that's how much I've cooled down on the Premier League and how much I'd love us to i) get some silverware and ii) put that horrible 61 year run to bed.

We would never win the cup anyway so think we all agree promotion!

Just now, BOF said:

The question is if you could pick.

Accidentally quoted you oops :mrgreen:

But yeah that was just dont think bruce will take the cup at all srriously considering the injuries and how much pressure he is to deliver promotion

• Like 1

Hmm. I thought promotion initially, but I'd really love to see us win the FA Cup. I think that'd make me happier in May to be honest.

Having said that, I'd absolutely prioritise the league.

Edited by Paddywhack

Where’s the heart, the romance, the glory? If we can’t have both, then my heart says The Cup. I’ve seen us win everything but The FA Cup, the oldest and greatest cup competition in the world. Once your name is on it it’s there forever. Lift that famous old trophy, that we’ve had knicked more times than  SHA have won it, or fight for the glory of finishing in the middle of the Premier League?

I know promotion is the sensible, pragmatic choice, but who follows football for those reasons? Apart from accountants. Come on death or glory!! When the time comes to be a Holte Ender in the sky, will you look back on a play off final against Bristol City or beating Man U in the FA Cup Final? 8 times, come on!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1