Pre match chit chat

Demitri_C

27 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

you are being too kind. He was the worst player on the pitch. Not for the first time either. Probably just that inconsistency that a lot of young players have. Oddly enough its performances like that which will make it more likely that spurs will let him go to us permanently. I know a couple of Spurs fans who watched the Leeds game who were definitely very disappointed in what they saw (yes, I know fans opinions wont count for anything in this decision - just thought it was interesting) 

I think Spurs will give him a chance as they rate him highly. Personally I dont think he is good enough for Spurs. The premier league is a lot tougher and that Spurs team, despite their recent struggles is bloody good. Cant see how he will be good enough for them when he is so inconsistent with us at a much lower level. 

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think Spurs will give him a chance as they rate him highly. Personally I dont think he is good enough for Spurs. The premier league is a lot tougher and that Spurs team, despite their recent struggles is bloody good. Cant see how he will be good enough for them when he is so inconsistent with us at a much lower level. 

we‘re dragging him down to our level

• Haha 1

On 06/12/2017 at 13:06, trom_borg said:

But we were loosing against Leeds until he actually made some changes. With all the talk about not changing a winning team on here and SB using that argument as well, both Lansbury and Grealish should be in the team on sat. Also, what signal does it send to the rest of the squad if the guys that came on and changed the results still cant get into the first team? Good chance to freshen up and give some lads a needed rest imo, lots of games coming up.  

I agree with you but I would be amazed if Lansbury starts ahead of Hourihance on Saturday. 

I'd be very surprised to see Lansbury start. Hourihane-Whelan have been good this season. One mediocre match shouldn't be cause for a midfield shake-up. Plus that was Lansbury's first appearance in months. Doubt he is fully match fit for more than a sub appearance. 

Bruce will probably bring Jack in for Onomah, he won't make more than one change to a settled side and I am not sure I would after an admittedly good cameo from Lansbury. We have a settled 11 that is working well together and Lansbuy hasn't played in months. If it isn't broke don't fix it.

I was one of the people calling for 4 4 2, calling for Hogan to get a chance and he did against Wednesday. It was a disaster and 3 points dropped. Bruce will not make that mistake again.

Let Lansbury get his fitness up, and work his way in from the bench the next 2 weeks  He will get his chance over the busy Christmas period I am sure.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I'd be very surprised to see Lansbury start. Hourihane-Whelan have been good this season. One mediocre match shouldn't be cause for a midfield shake-up. Plus that was Lansbury's first appearance in months. Doubt he is fully match fit for more than a sub appearance. 

Lansbury for Onomah would be a very good option, with Jack from the bench when he tires.

Keep it the same.  We didn't play great against Leeds, but we still came away with a point and probably could have won in the end. 

We're doing well at home and they've had a week between games - they should be fresh and fine. 

If it's still not working, then yea, drop someone - but for now - that would be bad management on the basis of "sorry, but you looked a bit tired last Friday". 

9 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

What’s the snow like in Brum? Any danger of a postponement? 

VP has undersoil heating so unless it really snows like hell tomorrow I doubt it will affect things. Wouldn’t be surprised if some other games at smaller grounds are called off though.

• Like 1

Curse you Penelope Pitstop! I mean curse you Aden Clint of Bristol City! No third place for us tomorrow, boo. :< 

I'm surprised at people saying we're going to win 3-0, have a look at their away results so far, they've all been very close matches! Every single one of their five away defeats has been by just one goal, so I'm worried about tomorrow. Ok, like us they don't usually score more than two but they don't concede many either.

59 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

VP has undersoil heating so unless it really snows like hell tomorrow I doubt it will affect things. Wouldn’t be surprised if some other games at smaller grounds are called off though.

I was more worried about the surrounding areas, as normally that’s why they’ll postpone, due to public safety or something saft. 

Also @Marley the Bognor Villan Was that your lad in the press conference today?!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villan-scott said:

I was more worried about the surrounding areas, as normally that’s why they’ll postpone, due to public safety or something saft. 

Also @Marley the Bognor Villan Was that your lad in the press conference today?!

Ahh, gotcha. Fingers crossed it’ll go ahead.

• Like 1