Pre match chit chat

Demitri_C

Well we have the lovely millwall fans visiting villa park that should be fun. But we should be targeting three points here no excuses.

snodgrass banned therefore grealish should come in. Lansbury should come in for either hourihane or onomah also. I'd consider resting samba for this too as he will feel needed for derby. I'd play elphick or de laet at cb. More elphick think

No I don't think he is. Cut off was 30 Nov.

15 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Is Snodgrass suspended?

If he is, then I think Elmohamady would need to come in down the right. 

other than that, I'd have Grealish in for Onomah and leave everything else be.

I don't want to break apart Hourihane-Whelan who have worked together very well. Defensively we are 2nd best in the league, and having a strong CM partnership plays a huge part in that. 

Grealish needs to come in for Onomah.

We can have Onomah and Lansbury as impact subs. 

8 hours ago, omariqy said:

No I don't think he is. Cut off was 30 Nov.

Correct. Snodders is fine, next suspension is at 10 yellows. 

Grealish in for Onomah and that's it for me. Whilst it's good to have Lansbury back, playing him instead of Hourihane would be suicidal imo. Why give them the midfield on a plate? 

In Snodgrass, Grealish and Adomah we should have enough spark to break them down. 

• Like 2

With Bristol continuing surge, and Cardiff continuing to surge, and Wolves continuing to surge etc... we need to keep surging ourselves. Make the most of the slightly stuttering and blunted Blades' misfortunes... Clench the buttocks to keep Derby at bay... And put Millwall to the sword. Nasty little club. Right up there with Chelsea for being words removed, with words removed as supporters. Nasty to the core. Rocket polishing words removed to the power of sixteen.

CTFO Villa... score them to death.

10 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Correct. Snodders is fine, next suspension is at 10 yellows. 

Grealish in for Onomah and that's it for me. Whilst it's good to have Lansbury back, playing him instead of Hourihane would be suicidal imo. Why give them the midfield on a plate? 

In Snodgrass, Grealish and Adomah we should have enough spark to break them down. 

Thats great news about snodgrass as i tgought he was banned

3pts

no excuses

IMHO

A SJ mistake is just around the corner (due to JT‘s absence/influence)

Hutton was very close to a Red card v Leeds. Is a RC also just around the corner?

Samba just played 3 in a weeks - time for a rest? (before he gets either a tired tackle wrong or an injury)

Hourihane & Onomah could do with a rest

If Millwall really are so shyite away from home, then the risk of resting some of Bruces prefered XI (not that I agree with him or his approach) is not too great.

I would rather ease players in and out rather than wait till its too late and we are forced into a „no other choice“ senario.

So for me

JS

Bree Chester RDL Taylor

Whelan

Snod/Elmo Lansbury Adomah

Grealish/O‘Hare

Davis

Subs

SJ Hutton Samba Elmo/Snod Hourihane O‘Hare/Grealish (CF ?)

However, Bruce will „go again“ with

SJ

Hutton Samba Chester Taylor

Whelan

Snod Onomah Hourihane Adomah

Davis

Untill JT Jedi & Kodjia/New signing can be brought back into the team

If this tactic breaks us and costs us, hindsight will tell us and Bruce will have to live or die by it

8 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

We need 3 pts here no matter what our XI is.

Agree about Samba though.

Maybe play him until we are say 2-0/3-0 up then bring him off to rest him.

If we go 3 up I want to see Bruce coming on.

14 hours ago, Raver50032 said:

With Bristol continuing surge, and Cardiff continuing to surge, and Wolves continuing to surge etc... we need to keep surging ourselves. Make the most of the slightly stuttering and blunted Blades' misfortunes... Clench the buttocks to keep Derby at bay... And put Millwall to the sword. Nasty little club. Right up there with Chelsea for being words removed, with words removed as supporters. Nasty to the core. Rocket polishing words removed to the power of sixteen.

CTFO Villa... score them to death.

DampSpecificBluefish-max-1mb.gif