How many league goals can Gabby hit this season  

138 members have voted

1. 1. How many league goals can Gabby hit this season

• 6-10
    • 19-20
    • 15-18
    • 11-14

This poll is closed to new votes

I think it depends very much on whether we bring another quality midfielder and dare I say it a RB! (who can overlap) in January. If we can I think Gabby is more than capable of getting up round the 20 mark. He seems to be getting stronger by the week and is less and less likely to get knocked off the ball.

IF we could get more of a passing game going and through this more quality ball to Gabby I think he could go on the rampage from January onwards! He has one of best instincts for goal scoring that I have seen at Villa for years!

I put 11-14 (I think hell get 13). 20 is a whole lot of goals, if I'm correct only Didier Drogba managed to hit that number in the league last season so to get anywhere close would be fantastic. I think "Gabbi for England" should be ringing around Villa Park right about now!

15 to 18 is certainly possible baring no long injury layoffs and such. His current streak is 6 goals in 13 games so to grab another 9 from 25 should be no problem at all. In fact 9 goals from 25 games is a ratio of a mediocre striker. Gabby is far from it so why should it be a problem for him?

To ask for 20 this season is a bit high. What would his target be next season and the next then? 25 goals next season and 30 thereafter?

hardly anyone scores 20 league goals these days, 15 is a better benchmark for determining if a striker has had a very good goalscoring season or not. I reckon he can get 15

Agreed. Last season Drogba was top scorer and he stopped at 20. Only three players scored more than 15. Drogba 20, Ronaldo 18 and McCarthy 17.

If he reaches 15 it's fantastic. 16-19 would be amazing and 20 or more would be nothing more than sensational.

Personally I think he'll end up around 12-13.