• Onomah
    • Davis
    • Lansbury
    • Grealish
    • Elmohamady
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/12/17 at 21:45

29 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

That was a terrible game of football but I take that point. Lansbury MOTM but I can't vote for him. Davis will not lead us to PL, we need a striker.

Interesting point. Why can’t we vote for subs as MOTM? Technically a sub could play for 89 minutes.

I'll take a point away to Leeds, who played well. 

It keeps us in touch but puts pressure on us to win the games where we are clear favourites.

It puts us, for me, as clear playoff contenders and unlikely to achieve automatic promotion.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Might be an unpopular opinion but I thought we did well tonight.

I'd have taken a point against Leeds team getting back into form, and at Elland Road where the fans will always be up for a game against us.

There was a clear improvement in the second half, and obviously more so after the subs.  Leeds offered nothing in the second half.

Whelan did really well, but I picked Chester as MotM.  I thought he looked calm and marshalled the defence well, stepping up to the plate without Terry.

Davis looks knackered.  We've got to be more solid from set pieces delivered to the near post.

Performances like this at places like Elland Road get teams promoted.

I doubt it will be an unpopular opinion. Yes we were poor first half but it was a good response second half and the Mananger made the right changes. It's a very good point. 

• Like 1

We were poor first half indeed, but Leeds are on a revival of sorts and we aren’t going to Win every game.

I thought we struggled with too big a gap between midfield and up front first half, added to Josh, Davies, and Hourihane looking very very tired ( Davies for the third game running IMO, and it’s not surprising). That, allied to Leeds energy, forced a lot of errors.

Held together by Chester, Whelan, and, my MOTM Taylor.

Much better second half, excellent subs - (but he should’ve made them half time) and could’ve won. Jack looked sublime ( again) and we were - as always - far better when we took the game to them.

Like others have said I no longer despair when we go behind, great credit to Bruce we do indeed have character now.

I think only those who ( crazily IMO !) still have strong hopes for Automatic Promotion will really be disappointed with that point, it was a decent draw.

• Like 1

We conceded away from home, and fought back very well. We are a tired and depleted team missing our key players...jack and Henry both look like they will add value in the next few weeks. Very happy with this result, we rode our luck but equally we were good value for the point. 

A draw away from home against a side like leeds is always positive....Onwards and upwards.

Edited by carewjust4u
  • Like 2

Commendable fight back......i just couldn't see it at half time such was our level of play.

There is no doubt for me, despite all the negatives......this level of resillience is praiseworthy.

• Like 2

Glad Lansbury scored tonight, as we are too light upfront at the moment (amazing given the money we've wasted on the wrong type of forward) to mount a serious challenge for an automatic spot but the resilience we're showing these days fills me with hope for a return. via the playoffs,

I felt Leeds were better than us by some margin last season but not anymore, we are making progress with a depleted team, that's what it takes to be a top side in any league!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thought Bruce picked the wrong starting 11 and could/should have totated more.

Dont think he sent them out with the correct mentality or set up in the right way to handle leeds.

Samba was clearly injured and should not have played.  I wonder had he not started would leeds have scored as their goal was all about sambas poor fitness.

Based on the short coming of the 1st half od have rated Bruce very poor.

Second half he sent them out slightly more aggressive and tweaked a few things.  I believe he should have brought on kack and henri at half time but he chose to waot.  The positive and negative here balance to zero for me.

When he eventually dod make changes we were much better.  Had we started this way and without Samba it could have been a very different game.  I will lift him up to poor for making the subs as it should have been done sooner.

Davis isnt ready to play all the time.  He could utilise a number of our first team as makeshift strikers or throw in a youngster for the last 20 minutes to see what might happen - but hes too much of a coward for this.

Overall im satisfied with a point.  I dont think leeds were particularly good and had Bruce been braver/smarter with team selection and rotation i think we could quite easily have won.  The sort of game you have to win to get automatic promotion.

We have developed a resilience but we lack cohesion fluidity and creativity. I maintain that without this we will finish 7th at best.  I still dont think Bruce has it in him to get is promoted.  I still hope im wrong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

It won't be popular but i think you shaded it all in all.

I think the way we played, you should have strolled it.

I try to be fair when i go on other clubs forums.

But a lucky spin which ended with Lansburys goal aside, for all you played better in the 2nd half i didnt feel you offered a threat. 

Can count 2 good chances for us plus our goal, Coopers header from a free kick, and the Saiz cross that somehow evaded 3 players.

Not disappointed with a point, but overall we should have won and thats frustrating.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

Thought Bruce picked the wrong starting 11 and could/should have totated more.

Dont think he sent them out with the correct mentality or set up in the right way to handle leeds.

Samba was clearly injured and should not have played.  I wonder had he not started would leeds have scored as their goal was all about sambas poor fitness.

Based on the short coming of the 1st half od have rated Bruce very poor.

Second half he sent them out slightly more aggressive and tweaked a few things.  I believe he should have brought on kack and henri at half time but he chose to waot.  The positive and negative here balance to zero for me.

When he eventually dod make changes we were much better.  Had we started this way and without Samba it could have been a very different game.  I will lift him up to poor for making the subs as it should have been done sooner.

Davis isnt ready to play all the time.  He could utilise a number of our first team as makeshift strikers or throw in a youngster for the last 20 minutes to see what might happen - but hes too much of a coward for this.

Overall im satisfied with a point.  I dont think leeds were particularly good and had Bruce been braver/smarter with team selection and rotation i think we could quite easily have won.  The sort of game you have to win to get automatic promotion.

We have developed a resilience but we lack cohesion fluidity and creativity. I maintain that without this we will finish 7th at best.  I still dont think Bruce has it in him to get is promoted.  I still hope im wrong.

you bundle of joy you.....what do you do when you're not haunting houses.:)

Have you been on the Smithwicks ale?

• call him what you like, but a coward......No;)
  • He has got promoted from this league 4 times.......theres an exclusive for you.....never been mentioned before;)
Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Pretty even game all up. 

I thought a few of our boys, Snodgrass in particular liked a bit half arsed and lazy but in second thought fatigue is probably  the better explanation. 

A few fresh legs next week might be useful. 

Credit to Steve Bruce for his subs, Grealish was a real difference maker, emphasising the strength in depth difference.

We lost one of the best creative players in the league on his day in Hernandez and unproven Roofe came on. 

You had Jack Grealish who when he can be arsed is of similar class to Pablo. 

Now must try this sleep thing:wub:

Â