Pre-Match Thread

Raver50032

2 hours ago, sne said:

Apparently it's snowing in Yorkshire.

Seen a few posts about the game in risk of being cancelled if it continues. (Safety around the stadium, transports and so on rather than the pitch)

Surely it's not snowing that hard, is it?

No. Hardly worth mentioning atm. 

• Like 1

I think this is a huge game for us.

Not really for the points. I don't think 0 points from this game would be a massive deal when you're talking purely numbers. Similarly 3 points isn't going to suddenly mean we're going to get promoted.

But I think the only questions we have left unanswered from this good run is can we beat some of the better teams in this league? Now I realise Leeds aren't at the top of the table, but they've shown this season that when they're on it, they can be one of the best teams in this league. Under the lights at Elland Road on Sky and they'll be up for it.

So if we can go there and get a result tonight I think it'll put a lot of people at ease, both within the squad and amongst the fanbase. I think it would set us up brilliantly for the next few fixtures. The kind of game where a good result and performance would make another 2 victories in the next 3 games seem much more likely.

All that being said I'm not confident. It seems like the perfect game for us to do poorly in. I don't think we'll get hammered but I can't say I'm confident of a victory. Would I take a point if offered? Probably not. But I don't think it would be a bad result all things considered.

• Like 4

If we consider that we would probably be able to swallow a couple of losses during this ridiculous Dec period without dropping far, then 0 points here wouldnt be a disaster.

However a win here makes a world of difference as it will take the pressure off from some of the other games coming thick and fast.

This is an ideal time to play these, a weeks break either side to recover, should set us up nicely for a good all in effort.

3 points would be huge

• Like 1

I agree with stevo, the result is almost by the by. The performance and a statement of intent is as important.  I don't think there will be much in it and probably one goal will be decisive. We need to come out strong, put the pressure on and ideally get a goal in the first 20mins. 

31 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Think a lot will come down to whether they've put together a plan to deal with Keinan and in turn how he reacts to that. If you stop him playing it goes a long way to stopping us playing. 

Yep, absolutely agree with this.

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

Think a lot will come down to whether they've put together a plan to deal with Keinan and in turn how he reacts to that. If you stop him playing it goes a long way to stopping us playing. 

In the same way that i think they're probably more effective when they get Saiz in the game so we have to watch him without forgetting that we also need to play too.

Despite the stats saying different.....i think this will be a real toughie tonight.

i also think if we win, it could be a defining moment, even though in isolation it will not be disaster if we lose.

We need to be mentally tuned in to this game.....but if we could squeeze a win i would be highly delighted.

i guess to go up you have to go in to these games with confidence.

go get em! Boys.

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I think this is a huge game for us.

Not really for the points. I don't think 0 points from this game would be a massive deal when you're talking purely numbers. Similarly 3 points isn't going to suddenly mean we're going to get promoted.

But I think the only questions we have left unanswered from this good run is can we beat some of the better teams in this league? Now I realise Leeds aren't at the top of the table, but they've shown this season that when they're on it, they can be one of the best teams in this league. Under the lights at Elland Road on Sky and they'll be up for it.

So if we can go there and get a result tonight I think it'll put a lot of people at ease, both within the squad and amongst the fanbase. I think it would set us up brilliantly for the next few fixtures. The kind of game where a good result and performance would make another 2 victories in the next 3 games seem much more likely.

All that being said I'm not confident. It seems like the perfect game for us to do poorly in. I don't think we'll get hammered but I can't say I'm confident of a victory. Would I take a point if offered? Probably not. But I don't think it would be a bad result all things considered.

Good post. If I we do lose I hope we do not get an extreme over reaction and meltdown on Villa talk. We will lose games now and then. What is important is how we bounce back. 

I agree a point would be a good result today. 

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Good post. If I we do lose I hope we do not get an extreme over reaction and meltdown on Villa talk. We will lose games now and then. What is important is how we bounce back. 

I agree a point would be a good result today. 

I agree there should be no overreaction to a loss away from home against a decent side, I think what upsets most people who do get upset is the way we lose. Admittedly those type of losses are few and far between lately. 

The trouble with Villa in recent times is they sucker you into thinking they can be trusted to get a result and then they go and screw it up.

My heart says to trust them and that they will come away with at least a point tonight and show everyone they are the real deal for a promotion challenge but, my head says that they will go there and not show up for the "big" occasion and get beat 2 or 3 nil.

I just hope that, whatever the result, we give a good account of ourselves and don't perform in a way that gives others hope and knocks our confidence.

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Thats how I see tonight going. I can just see Leeds scoring and then we just bow our heads and crumble. I can see it being one of those nights. I think I can the game going like this, we miss a couple chances, leeds score, we come to life for abit then leeds score again and comfortable wolves win. similar to wolves game. i think we will lose this one 2-0 unfortunately

3rd place is up for grabs tonight, we have to start putting pressure on the sheff united and cardiffs of this league. by winning tonight what a statement and pressure is on them tomorrow to win. 

37 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I can just see Leeds scoring and then we just bow our heads and crumble. I can see it being one of those nights. I think I can the game going like this, we miss a couple chances, leeds score, we come to life for abit then leeds score again and comfortable wolves win. similar to wolves game. i think we will lose this one 2-0 unfortunately

I know what you mean, but I can equally see it happening exactly opposite to that.  Today my glass is half full.  Hope it still is by the end of the night!

Jed Steer

Bree Chester RDL Taylor

Whelan

Snod Onomah Hourihane Adomah

Davis

1- JS over SJ because I‘m concerned SJ is missing JT thus mistakes are creeping back in

2- Bree & RDL for Hutton & Samba - would feel a little more comfortable with a bit more pace (RDL) and support (Bree) going forward

3- MF & CF picks itself

Bench

4- Hutton & Samba as Defensive backup

5- Lansbury, Grealish & O‘Hare MF backup

6- RHM? who is fit? Last resort is Samba up top if Davis gets tired/Injured or we are 0-4 up :ph34r:

Can only see Bruce going

SJ

Hutton Samba JC NT

rest picks itself

Thor on Bench

and a loss

Hope I‘m wrong