Pre-Match Thread

Raver50032

20 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Gut feeling. We can't keep getting away with having Samba at the back. We can't keep relying on Adomah to get the goals. I'm not convinced that the side is robust enough if we go behind. 

And it's due. 

Have I missed something? Have been getting battered by teams recently misisng loads of chances?

I could quite eaisly say its due we give someone a pasting for all the cHances we tend ro miss!

On a side note lassoga and dallas ruled out thats welcome news

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

May be an idea if Samba can keep doing that kicking the ball in the oppositions faces thing!

That was great one of their players bounced off him and went down sprawling and then he headshots another with a piledriver to the face.  

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Gut feeling. We can't keep getting away with having Samba at the back. We can't keep relying on Adomah to get the goals. I'm not convinced that the side is robust enough if we go behind. 

And it's due. 

I know that feeling too. I'm just hopeful it's having been a Villa fan for the last 6/7 seasons rather based in truth.

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why do you think that? We're playing well I think 

The only rational reason is that I still don't believe Albert can carry our scoring for much longer... the rest is irrational fear of losing our place in the promotion race.

6 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

The only rational reason is that I still don't believe Albert can carry our scoring for much longer... the rest is irrational fear of losing our place in the promotion race.

Why don't you think Adomah can carry on scoring? For me, he's had a new lease of life in his left wing role, long may it continue. In my opinion, considering the injuries we have to key players, we are consistently grinding out results, whether we can keep this form going remains to be seen

46 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why don't you think Adomah can carry on scoring? For me, he's had a new lease of life in his left wing role, long may it continue. In my opinion, considering the injuries we have to key players, we are consistently grinding out results, whether we can keep this form going remains to be seen

I've been very surprised (ecstatic of course) he's done what he's done so far. I haven't gotten over that feeling yet. I'm expecting his hot streak to end. 

Tomorrow may be different though :).

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I haven't seen them all season but my mate who's a Leeds fan thanks at times this season it's the best Leeds team he has ever seen in this league. He does just doesn't understand the inconsistency.

They're defence is weaker. They haven't replaced green, bartley and taylor. 

37 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

They're defence is weaker. They haven't replaced green, bartley and taylor. 

While that is something most Leeds fans would agree with.

Shouldn't be forgotten that from about this time last season, Charlie Taylor got injured and never regained the left back spot from Gaetano Berardi, who kept Taylor our of the team deservedly so after his return from injury, earning a 7.01 overall rating compared to Taylors 6.86. 

As for Wiedwald, he has come in for some stick, but statistically, he has a better record then people give him credit for,

Felix Wiedwald- 12 games 7 clean sheets, 11 conceded

Rob Green-21 games 7 clean sheets 21 conceded. 

Rob Green was poor for some time before he picked up his form, people forget that, as the stats show Felix hasnt actually done to bad a job. 

The Kyle Bartley one, that i will agree with  :P

Statistically speaking we are the 2nd best defensive team in the league. Leeds are mid-table in terms of goals allowed. We're about even in goals scored.

I am going to call a 1-1 draw, or a 1-0 win for us. Basically a low scoring match.

Johnstone

Hutton---Samba----Chester---Taylor

Snodgrass--Whelan---Hourihane---Adomah

Onomah

Davis

2-0 Villa :flag: Snodgrass to get the first as Adomah pulls Leed's defence's focus away and Hourihane to slot the second away after Davis chests it down for him.

Samba to employ an 'if in doubt, get it out' style and we should be okay. Some physical players in our team so  I hope they stay the safe side of competitiveness and Hourihane and Taylor keep their focus.

Apparently it's snowing in Yorkshire.

Seen a few posts about the game in risk of being cancelled if it continues. (Safety around the stadium, transports and so on rather than the pitch)

Surely it's not snowing that hard, is it?

42 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Statistically speaking we are the 2nd best defensive team in the league. Leeds are mid-table in terms of goals allowed. We're about even in goals scored.

I am going to call a 1-1 draw, or a 1-0 win for us. Basically a low scoring match.

Statistically speaking Boro were (and still would be had we not beaten them) the 2nd best defensive team in the league :D

Seen Leeds on tv a few times this season. Their defense does look more shaky this season, but Alioski and Saiz are very good and if we give them time and space they have the ability to pick us apart.

Need to get on the front foot against them like Brentford and Sheffield Utd did recently.

It's going to be a cold wintery night that's for sure, I wouldn't mind if this came got called off with our injuries!

i think if Leeds score first we lose. We don't do well when opposition scores first esp on to and away from home

Edited by Demitri_C

21 minutes ago, Stockport_Villain said:

Would settle for a draw now if offered. 

They would, we would, I'm guessing both managers would, a lot of the players might....

The run we have following this game though, we could really do with 3 points. We've been on the most amazing run of form though, without consistently playing well either. It's hard to say how we'll perform up there, coudl be a total disjointed mess with the ball but tidy enough without it to get a draw. Could score 4, could concede early, be forced to chase it and lose by a hatfull too. 

1-1.