Match Thread: Villa v Ipswich

limpid

Villa v Ipswich

Please do not mention streams or streaming in this thread. Please note that there is no distinction between legal or illegal, video or audio. If you aren't sure, it doesn't go in this thread. You will receive warning points if you ignore this.

@lexicon

Yeah our fans are so patient and encouraging with youngsters, aren't they? 

(sarcasm aside)

I can't speak for all fans but I'd certainly be patient regarding a youth player that most people probably haven't heard of who was on the bench as backup to another youth player only because Kodjia, Hogan, McCormack, RHM and even Gabby are all out.

A lot of people and fans are idiots unfortunately but that shouldn't prevent doing what is best for the team, which I believe is having a genuine forward option on the bench instead of an additional fullback who won't be used.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

@lexicon

(sarcasm aside)

I can't speak for all fans but I'd certainly be patient regarding a youth player that most people probably haven't heard of who was on the bench as backup to another youth player only because Kodjia, Hogan, McCormack, RHM and even Gabby are all out.

A lot of people and fans are idiots unfortunately but that shouldn't prevent doing what is best for the team, which I believe is having a genuine forward option on the bench instead of an additional fullback who won't be used.

A lot of fans are like you and are absolutely fine but a lot aren't tbf. Clark and Baker took so much abuse as they 'weren't allowed' to make mistakes, despite the fact that they were kids learning their trade. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Just looked at the betting showed 1-0 Ipswich, what went on there?? Disallowed?

The ref gave the softest foul against Johnstone. Basically he flapped at a corner and missed, now during that he fell over in a group of Ipswich players and the ref blew for a freekick as they scored. 

First time this season that the ref has been 100% on our side, if I was an Ipswich fan right now I'd be pissed. 

• Like 1