Sign in to follow this  
Heretic

Tom Fox

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere. I couldn't find it.  It's an article where Tom Fox talks about his time at Villa.

In August 2014, Arsenal’s chief commercial officer Tom Fox made the somewhat surprising decision to walk out of The Emirates for a job at Aston Villa. Taking up a role as the club’s chief executive, he immediately pledged to “restore the club to its rightful place in the Premier League”.

19-months later he had resigned from his £1.25m a year job, citing a change in his role after a board restructuring at Villa Park for his decision. Sources at the club however claimed his position had become “untenable”, following a disastrous £55m summer recruitment drive and open revolt from supporters, who unfurled banners on the Holte End demanding he quit.

For many, Fox was among the Villain’s chief villains. He appointed much-maligned recruitment pair Hendrik Almstadt and Paddy Riley. He presided over a summer spending spree of unsuited young European incomings, which caused Tim Sherwood to launch his toys from the pram. And he hired Remi Garde to replace Sherwood. The Frenchman won just two of 20 Premier League games.

More on link

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Heretic said:

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere. I couldn't find it.  It's an article where Tom Fox talks about his time at Villa.

Moron link

Edited for you.

Fox talked a cracking game but in the end he was just good at PR

Henrik Almstadt, Paddy Riley real blast from the past names :D

Edited by Zatman

Get back in your box fox you knob. Inserting clauses where gueye could go for 7m, i mean how shoddy is that?

Him and them other losers i will never forgive for what they have done to our club. 

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Get back in your box fox you knob. Inserting clauses where gueye could go for 7m, i mean how shoddy is that?

People still don't understand how clauses work.

Fox is still a word removed though.

• Like 2

I hate to bump this thread but I just saw that he has been the "team president" of the San Jose Earthquakes in the MLS for about a year(through the power of FM 18).. I have no clue why anyone would want to hire him (Well it is the MLS) 

Edited by Villaphan04

Sign in to follow this  

Â