Pre Match Chitty Chatty

TheAuthority

Would definitely freshed up for this one, that is what the squad us for and with an extra day on Ipswich could be a huge advantage. Jedi and Jack in for Whelan and Onomah, Onomah looked out on his feet along with Davis but needs must on that one.

Surprised Samba's body has stood up with two lots of 90 minutes in 4 days. Will have to make it 3 in 7 days.

Ipswich are quite physical. They are good at set pieces and focus on getting the ball in the box from out wide. I reckon Bruce's game plan will be to let them have the ball and attack in numbers when we nick it back.

28 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Weeks break after this. Just hope 3 games in a week is not too much for some. 

They are full time professionals with state of the art facilities and a full coaching & sports science team behind them. They should be fine. 

I appreciate its intense and the required fitness levels are far beyond mine, but most of that team are in their mid twenties, they should be able to cope, plus we have Grealish & Jedi back to bring some extra energy

We should be taking the game to Ipswich from start to finish, especially as they have a days less rest than us.

Edited by Bomvilla7

Last night was weird, everything was sapping energy including the atmos in the ground, both sets of players were in a weird place too. Altogether weird. Saturday should be back to normal I hope, let's give Davis 3 weetabix. 

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Ipswich are quite physical. They are good at set pieces and focus on getting the ball in the box from out wide. I reckon Bruce's game plan will be to let them have the ball and attack in numbers when we nick it back.

:D

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rubberman said:

NChI'd really like to see another forward on the bench, even if we're down to the kids.  An early knock to Davis and no recognised striker will see us sitting back too deep and looking at a repeat of last season.

Yep, there’s really no logic in having an extra full back on the bench ahead of a striker, even if it’s a kid that may not be ready. A striker is still a striker and you need those options. It’s in times like these that the kids should be getting chances, without the pressure and expectation because we know that the injury crisis is responsible.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Would definitely freshed up for this one, that is what the squad us for and with an extra day on Ipswich could be a huge advantage. Jedi and Jack in for Whelan and Onomah, Onomah looked out on his feet along with Davis but needs must on that one.

Surprised Samba's body has stood up with two lots of 90 minutes in 4 days. Will have to make it 3 in 7 days.

O'Hare needs to be brought in. Cannot believe he was not at least on the bench last night, unless he was injured.

6 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Yep, there’s really no logic in having an extra full back on the bench ahead of a striker, even if it’s a kid that may not be ready. A striker is still a striker and you need those options. It’s in times like these that the kids should be getting chances, without the pressure and expectation because we know that the injury crisis is responsible.

This. The bench last night was unbalanced. I reckon McKirdy would be a good addition.

• Like 1

Bad news about Kodjia, gutted to hear he’ll need an op.

For this one, Ipswich aren’t half bad,  we’ve beaten better teams and we’ll need to carry on beating them to get where we want, but this could be fairly tough, and the are a solid and physical team.

I would go;

Johnstone

Elmo      Samba    Chester     Taylor

Snodgrass Whelan  Hourihane  Adomah

Onomah

Davis

bench: Steer, Jedinak, Hutton, Lansbury, Hepburn-Murphy, O’Hare, Da Laet, 

or maybe Grealish instead of Lansbury on the bench... hard to know where each of them is fitness wise.