• Onomah
    • Davis
    • Jedinak (Whelan 63)
    • Grealish (Davis 75)
    • Elmohamady (Adomah 87)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/11/17 at 15:00

6 hours ago, BigJim said:

Onomah's deflected goal?

I was reacting to a claim that we were lucky to win, not commenting on every individual piece of good fortune. Sunderland had individual bits of luck as well.

We certainly weren't "lucky" to win the game, we were comfortably in control for most of it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TRO said:

If my auntie had nuts, she would be my uncle.

if we had been playing better opposition, we may have played better.

it was, what it was and we won.

They were that poor, we was glad to hear the final whistle.

I don't think they were as poor as we say, they grafted and got in our faces and disrupted what bit of guile we had.

its a game i am glad we won.....they will take some points off team, i am sure.

I'm not so sure about your sure ..;)

19 hours ago, TRO said:

You also have to consider the spirit in the camp.

Its customary to reward a winning team with a shirt.

So regardless of the actual team performance, or more importantly individual performance, players expect to keep their place because of a win, if not theyll get cranky? How about the guys on the bench that cant get any game time despite some players on the pitch not really performing, cant that equally hamper the spirit in the camp? Id rather see a manager rotate the squad based on performances and fatigue, different tactics ect, rather than following a old school custom.

• Like 1

Referee was good in my eyes.

Voted Samba as man of the match - played much better than I had convinced myself he would. Hutton did well too.

Voted 'good' for Bruce... two wins in several days, why wouldn't you?

Good crowd, but we weren't very vocal.

I think we've played more poorly than that showing. Maybe it was because we never really felt threatened by a struggling Sunderland team. We gave the ball away a lot (and that happens in far too many games), but Sunderland didn't seem equipped to make anything of it, despite the possession stats. Given that they were 2-0 down, they could have crumbled... But they carried on and did well to get themselves back in the game. And the last ten minutes were uncomfortable for us as fans, and no doubt the manager too.

Ipswich will be a much tougher ask given the respective current standing of Ipswich versus Sunderland. I kind of think Bruce should have made rotational changes against Sunderland instead of seeing what he might have to change against Ipswich. I guess that's what the manager is paid to do.

Up The Villa - happy with that win.

11 hours ago, Raver50032 said:

Referee was good in my eyes.

Voted Samba as man of the match - played much better than I had convinced myself he would. Hutton did well too.

Voted 'good' for Bruce... two wins in several days, why wouldn't you?

Good crowd, but we weren't very vocal.

I think we've played more poorly than that showing. Maybe it was because we never really felt threatened by a struggling Sunderland team. We gave the ball away a lot (and that happens in far too many games), but Sunderland didn't seem equipped to make anything of it, despite the possession stats. Given that they were 2-0 down, they could have crumbled... But they carried on and did well to get themselves back in the game. And the last ten minutes were uncomfortable for us as fans, and no doubt the manager too.

Ipswich will be a much tougher ask given the respective current standing of Ipswich versus Sunderland. I kind of think Bruce should have made rotational changes against Sunderland instead of seeing what he might have to change against Ipswich. I guess that's what the manager is paid to do.

Up The Villa - happy with that win.

Seems like SB was not happy with the performance.......that does not strike me as a płan.

Â