Match Thread: Villa v Sunderland

limpid

We need someone to step up and be a leader and just put this game to bed. Without Terry we look a bit soft. Wish Conner would do it but maybe they're all exhausted after Saturday? It was a high tempo end to end game. This is a game of statues and hoofball

Thought we played pretty well there, looked dangerous on the ball and although they’ve had possession and looked to move forward they’ve barely troubled us. They looked really pumped and up for it, their marketing and pressing has been impressive, but I would expect them to tire later on in the 2nd as they haven’t been pressing that hard on other games. If they had they wouldn’t likely be where they are. Coleman has them fired up, but I think we will score one more next half and that’ll be us win 2-0.

Davis has been poor, this will be the problem... He is our only remaining striker, he is young and it's going to be a lot for him to perform to the standard he has every week. 

Hourihane has been surprisingly poor too, he has been quite consistent recently, probably his worst performance of the season. 

Taylor looks nervy, and they keep finding space down his side. Again he is usually better than this...

On the plus side Samba and Hutton have done well, as has Snodgrass in parts but like most of our attack has been sloppy at times.

We must improve else they will equalise. 

• Like 1

No energy or urgency in this. We need energy in the middle and pace upfront as they are under no pressure until the last 30 yards by which time they fire at goal.

Unless we freshen it up at half time u can see us conceding and the game being hard work.

Jed and grealish need to come into it for a bit of silk and steel 

Championship football is for the most part painful to watch, this game is no exception.

You can still enjoy it to a point I guess. As long as you don't compare it to the other football you watch.

Bit like when parents put their 4 y.o kids painting of a horse/airplane/grandpa? on the wall next to a van Gogh replica.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

The big problem we have is that Davis looked out on his feet from the first whistle - he's not really done anything or ran much and that's a problem for us. 

Luckily, our defence has been great so far and Adomah and Snoddy look like they can make things happen. 

1 minute ago, sne said:

Championship football is for the most part painful to watch, this game is no exception.

You can still enjoy it to a point I guess. As long as you don't compare it to the other football you watch.

Bit like when parents put their 4 y.o kids painting of a horse/airplane/grandpa? on the wall next to a van Gogh replica.

Or like when someone puts a photo of me next to another adult male; we’re similar but not comparable.