Lapal Fan's Obnoxious Odours. A Topic

lapal_fan

3 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Yes! Mrs P laughs at me when I rush to put my clothes to dry after the wash is finished.

Yep same here. We have a heated airer/clothes horse thing because we don't have radiators. 

It's great but you can't put too much stuff on there or it doesn't dry properly. Despite me explaining this several times I still get questioned as to why I don't just hang loads and loads of stuff on there. I may as well not wash them if I do that

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Fish.  (Can probably put any seafood in there tbf)

Never eaten it. Never want to. Smells **** gross, man. 

I was on a bus once when some bloke got on in Sparkbrook with something wrapped in brown paper. 

The fishy smell was absolutely rank. I was several seats away and it was unbearable.  All the seats around him just emptied.  I don't know what it was but it was definitely off. 

Towels when they've been left out too long. The earliest sign is when you dry your hands on them and can catch the feint aroma on your hands. Don't  change them then and they're going to honk pdq. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I was on a bus once when some bloke got on in Sparkbrook with something wrapped in brown paper. 

The fishy smell was absolutely rank. I was several seats away and it was unbearable.  All the seats around him just emptied.  I don't know what it was but it was definitely off. 

That wasn't the fish, that was his bellend xoxox

• Haha 4

Oh, that smell lemons and oranges get when they start growing the green mould. 

So acrid, stinks the house out. But it's always just one and it goes from OK to ruined in a matter of hours. The rest in the batch can s remain OK for days. Really odd. 

8 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Fish.  (Can probably put any seafood in there tbf)

Never eaten it. Never want to. Smells **** gross, man. 

Fresh fish shouldn't really smell much at all, if you can smell fish when you open the packet you shouldn't eat it

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Fresh fish shouldn't really smell much at all, if you can smell fish when you open the packet you shouldn't eat it

Unless it's the rare-sighted pussy fish, then eat it out of politeness (and to keep her indoors happy, AY LADSSSS?!?!?!? 😉😉😉😉👌👌👌👌🏏🔥)

• Haha 2

Didn’t have anything to add here until dinner time today when I cracked what turned out to be a completely black, dead, rotten egg directly into a pan of onions i’d been lovingly sautéing for half an hour. Absolutely horrific, straight in the bin and straight outside, extractor on full and windows open. Grim.

+1 for that damp smell on clothes that haven’t dried properly, drives me mad and as Stevo said, I will re wash anything afflicted by it. My wife thinks I’ve got a sensitive nose to it but I don’t understand how she can’t smell it!

Edited by chappy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Just found this. Have had it since before I left Birmingham in 1983. I wonder if it still smells. If it's gone off, how would we know?

p7jXuZW.jpg

Put it under the teachers chair leg before your next lesson to find out

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, bickster said:

Put it under the teachers chair leg before your next lesson to find out

Was thinking of dropping it in a Liverpool taxi, cos the driver was grumpy as ****.

• Haha 1

On 01/08/2022 at 21:47, bickster said:

Some obviously worse than others. Mackerel being towards the top end. I'm told very fresh mackerel doesn't have a strong smell.  I must never in my life have been near a very fresh mackerel then.

12 minutes ago, BOF said:

Some obviously worse than others. Mackerel being towards the top end. I'm told very fresh mackerel doesn't have a strong smell.  I must never in my life have been near a very fresh mackerel then.

Not sure I've ever eaten fresh mackerel tbh 

I eat quite a bit but it's always smoked

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

I grilled it in my old house once.  That's why it's my old house now.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Fresh Mackerel is fabulous.

Either barbecued, or I like to do it in the oven - get the fish (gutted and scaled) but otherwise whole, fill the cavity with a slice of lemon and some rosemary, olive oil the outside of the fish, put it in a roasting tray or dish, bung it the oven at around 200 for 20 minutes, serve with fresh bread and salad and a glass of white whine. One of my absolute favourite meals.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blandy said:

Fresh Mackerel is fabulous.

Either barbecued, or I like to do it in the oven - get the fish (gutted and scaled) but otherwise whole, fill the cavity with a slice of lemon and some rosemary, olive oil the outside of the fish, put it in a roasting tray or dish, bung it the over around 200 for 20 minutes, serve with fresh bread and salad and a glass of white whine. One of my absolute favourite meals.

You had me salivating right up to that point :D

• Haha 1

Â