Lapal Fan's Obnoxious Odours. A Topic

lapal_fan

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

The whole surrounding countryside around the De Mulder glue factory would absolutely reek. 

There is a beautiful looking canalside pub called The Anchor Inn nearby, looks like a typical great pub with lovely tables by the canal but I was mystified how anyone could sit there.  I can only assume they worked at De Mulder. 

More than once I've followed lorries round there with dead horses body parts flopping over the top. 

I used to drive from Nuneaton to Atherstone / Dordon / Polesworth fairly often, and on it's day, that place was awful. 

Seemed to be a lot worse years ago though, I remember my dad always used to warn us in advance and we'd hold our noses if we were going past. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Genie said:

There used to be a Subway store in Tamworth that used to make my stomach turn the smell coming out of the front door was so bad.

It closed down, wonder why?

Yep. As @mjmooney has also said, there is something very unnatural about the smell of a Subway store. I can't even describe what it smells like, apart form its wrong! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Genie said:

The road through Minworth past the sewerage works 🤮 How on earth do people live there?

I used to work on castle Vale for many years (Minworth and the ST sewerage works being just north of the top of the estate) and I agree it really hummed in the summer months. Ironically, it seemed to get worse whenever they sprayed the odour neutraliser or freshener.

I guess after a few years living there one becomes noseblind to it ?

10 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I used to work on castle Vale for many years (Minworth and the ST sewerage works being just north of the top of the estate) and I agree it really hummed in the summer months. Ironically, it seemed to get worse whenever they sprayed the odour neutraliser or freshener.

I guess after a few years living there one becomes noseblind to it ?

Yeah, but I also assume all their clothes, carpets, curtains all gradually stink of shit too. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Genie said:

The road through Minworth past the sewerage works 🤮 How on earth do people live there?

My parents used to live over the road from the hare and Hounds, they got a lower council tax bill becauuse of the stink.

• Sad 1

Anyone that grew up in the 80s will remember an original Stink Bomb?  Little glass bottles of yellow liquid and one usually let off in morning assembly.

Proper rotten egg smell and would last for hours.  No doubt they were made with numerous banned substances now, bit like an 80s chemistry set. 

• Like 3

In terms of a really bad smell, I'll go for an unwashed but used protein shaker that you've left in your gym bag for a few days. Rank

In terms of smells I just dislike, you know that smell that your clothes give off if they haven't quite dried properly after you've washed them, or have been left for a while before you dried them? It's like a damp musty smell.
I **** hate that and even the slightest hint of it on my clothes and I have to rewash them. I can't wear them.

It drives me mad when I smell it on other people too. I don't understand how people either can't notice it, or notice it and still wear their clothes

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 4

Cod liver oil tablets/pills.

In my first job out of uni I worked in an office full of lads all around the same age and with very similar backgrounds and interests.

We used to prank each other all day long, someone had the smart idea of piercing a cod liver thing (the soft ones) and squirting the juice all over keyboards, mouses etc.

One of the worst things I’ve smelled.

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

In terms of a really bad smell, I'll go for an unwashed but used protein shaker that you've left in your gym bag for a few days. Rank

In terms of smells I just dislike, you know that smell that your clothes give off if they haven't quite dried properly after you've washed them, or have been left for a while before you dried them? It's like a damp musty smell.
I **** hate that and even the slightest hint of it on my clothes and I have to rewash them. I can't wear them.

It drives me mad when I smell it on other people too. I don't understand how people either can't notice it, or notice it and still wear their clothes

Yes! Mrs P laughs at me when I rush to put my clothes to dry after the wash is finished.

Jokes on her, she stinks.

(We wash our own clothes now because we've ruined each others garments too many times)

• Like 2

Â