Lapal Fan's Obnoxious Odours. A Topic

lapal_fan

In a Hostel dorm in Hanoi a few years ago, me and two friends. Woke up one morning to the foulest fishy smell, only difference was a new backpack was rested up against one of the beds which had been empty when we went to sleep but there was no owner to be seen. We opened all the windows, told the staff on reception and got out of there as quickly as possible and returned a few hours later. My two friends immediately checked out and moved elsewhere but I was skint and we only had one more night before moving on anyway so decided to stay. Met the owner of the bag and was chatting to him, expecting him to explain and apologise for the smell. When he didn’t I had to bring it up. Turns out he had no sense of smell so didn’t know how putrid it was but had been disappointed when getting off the night bus from Hue to find that his bag had got very wet in the luggage compartment under the bus. It had been next to a polystyrene box transporting fish, which had somehow opened and spilled all over all his belongings. Everything reeked and he didn’t even know, poor guy I reckon it would’ve taken a couple of washes at least to get it all back to normal.

TLDR - bad fish juice soaked into an unaware man’s clothes and belongings

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

The whole surrounding countryside around the De Mulder glue factory would absolutely reek. 

There is a beautiful looking canalside pub called The Anchor Inn nearby, looks like a typical great pub with lovely tables by the canal but I was mystified how anyone could sit there.  I can only assume they worked at De Mulder. 

More than once I've followed lorries round there with dead horses body parts flopping over the top. 

Another bad one was a client of mine round Walsall who manufactured meat flavourings.  They used to take meat and distill it down to very meat essence.  It was hard to walk around the place without gagging.  I was amazed they got to operate in a built up area. 

They did the same for fish in Hull but thank god I never got to go round that place. 

12 hours ago, sidcow said:

Toe cheese 

Yep, my toenails (mainly the big ones) absolutely wreak.

Like the worst shit smelling foulness imaginable.

I’ve been to tips, and my toenails smell worse than standing in the middle of a landfill tip.

Fortunately for me, and less fortunately for her, my missus clips my toenails…………..lolz.

6 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Yep, my toenails (mainly the big ones) absolutely wreak.

Like the worst shit smelling foulness imaginable.

I’ve been to tips, and my toenails smell worse than standing in the middle of a landfill tip.

Fortunately for me, and less fortunately for her, my missus clips my toenails…………..lolz.

spacer.png

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Another bad one was a client of mine round Walsall who manufactured meat flavourings.  They used to take meat and distill it down to very meat essence.  It was hard to walk around the place without gagging.  I was amazed they got to operate in a built up area. 

They did the same for fish in Hull but thank cod I never got to go round that plaice. 

Lollloolllllooollllll I changed some words to a fishes. 

spacer.png

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, PussEKatt said:

Vinegar.I dont know how people can eat vinegar on their chips,or,vinegar on anything for that matter.

I use malt vinegar quite a lot. At Christmas time I also make a jug of pickled cucumber - lovely to munch on in the evening whilst watching rubbish TV :)  

• Sad 1

The burger and hot dog vans outside Villa Park used to whiff like unwashed armpits.

Also, onions. I like cooking and use onions a lot, I don't mind the smell at that point, but if it's on my hands I feel ill. So I wear gloves.

Last week I did steak and onions, and hours later I could still smell disgusting raw onions (cooked onions I have no problem).

I'd forgotten to clean the chopping board properly and the whole house reeked of raw onions. Thankfully bleach spray does the job.

6 hours ago, theboyangel said:

also had a fair few dead bodies that have hummed badly.

I note that this post passed without comment but I personally feel it possibly needs a follow up post to provide a little context? 🤔

Â