The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

what have they done as part of this revamp to sell it to the lower nations?

usually they throw in some advantage to them too in order to get it passed, its not about agnelli and his mates getting in based on coefficient its really about BATE and APOEL and other tiny nation clubs like rangers getting a better chance of qualification 

reward the elites sold under the guise of aiding the plebs...straight out of the tory playbook

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I don't see the problem with that. The thing with Villa is that our greatest times are always in the past but for City this is the best they have ever had. He has been class for them.

I think you need to give it some time. Wait for him to be gone for five or ten years, don't put it up while he's on his way out the door.

33 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

what have they done as part of this revamp to sell it to the lower nations?

usually they throw in some advantage to them too in order to get it passed, its not about agnelli and his mates getting in based on coefficient its really about BATE and APOEL and other tiny nation clubs like rangers getting a better chance of qualification 

reward the elites sold under the guise of aiding the plebs...straight out of the tory playbook

Isn't the new championship version of the europa league that sop to the poor people? 

They will probably televise this at 2.30 on a Thursday.

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

so United and CIty now wont be signing Mino players. What a piece of shit. He wanted us to give Abel Hernandez 100k a week in The Championship

https://www.otbsports.com/soccer/mino-raiola-alex-ferguson-pogba-1172609?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR2Gs0OSK6FNtJcwrA7Ck6ERB_BH6bEmLeAp2ePQ3o88iyJzHiCx1tuRZ80#Echobox=1617097590

Don't see how he was wrong in any of the things he said about United and Ferguson. People just used to bend over and take it from SAF. He's one of the few who didn't, and ended up being vindicated when the same club bought the player back for a world record fee. 

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Isn't the new championship version of the europa league that sop to the poor people? 

They will probably televise this at 2.30 on a Thursday.

Yeah that 3rd conference league makes no difference to us (depending on the cup winners it's still theoretically the top 7 get European football) but the conference is 184 teams, EL is 57, CL is 79, there will be some overlapping which I don't know so can't account for but that's an increase from 239 clubs to 320

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah that 3rd conference league makes no difference to us (depending on the cup winners it's still theoretically the top 7 get European football) but the conference is 184 teams, EL is 57, CL is 79, there will be some overlapping which I don't know so can't account for but that's an increase from 239 clubs to 320

Thats Numberwang

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Don't see how he was wrong in any of the things he said about United and Ferguson. People just used to bend over and take it from SAF. He's one of the few who didn't, and ended up being vindicated when the same club bought the player back for a world record fee. 

I'm not sure vindicated means exactly what Riola thinks it does, then again, he's not speaking about football either.

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

SAF could getaway with a lot because he was the greatest manager of all time. 

The fact Man United have hardly come close to winning the league since Pogba has come back is hardly vindication that the agent was right and Fergie wrong. More like it was a desperation/marketing signing from the board. Fergie obviously didn't like Pogba, and he won enough to back that decision up. I'm not saying Pogba is a bad player, he isn't, he can be excellent, but he wasn't needed by Man Utd when they were successful. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Wild cards 

**** off

Every year something happens that just reduces the love i have for the game, This is just another one. WC in Qatar is another. Terrible VAR implementation another.

I thought all the big clubs complained about playing too many games? Won't they play more now? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

I assume they either won't play in the league cup or else they will get a bye directly into the quarter finals. 

I like the idea of them not playing in thr league Cup, new European team every season even if it is the conference 

Will make that cup very interesting 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Every year something happens that just reduces the love i have for the game, This is just another one. WC in Qatar is another. Terrible VAR implementation another.

I thought all the big clubs complained about playing too many games? Won't they play more now? 

I give it 5 years and the final will be played in Saudi Arabia

Going back to shitty agents they led by the piece of shit Mino are planning to sue FIFA because in a rare good FIFA idea they are planning to regulate agents. Agents will only get a maximum 10 percent of transfer fees and the selling club agent just 3 percent 

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Or it will be scrapped and the Prem League will throw a couple of mil to the EFL as compensation.

Probably the most likely solution as any bottom half premier league team doesn't want to be in it either. It will become a competition for EFL teams only. 

36 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Going back to shitty agents they led by the piece of shit Mino are planning to sue FIFA because in a rare good FIFA idea they are planning to regulate agents. Agents will only get a maximum 10 percent of transfer fees and the selling club agent just 3 percent 

I find myself siding with fifa james franco wtf GIF

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Probably the most likely solution as any bottom half premier league team doesn't want to be in it either. It will become a competition for EFL teams only. 

Its no skin off the non european teams to field a side. Prem sides have bigger squads and play 8 less matches than the championship.

Championship sides will not see the point of it really as the fitxures come thick and fast. The football league trophy already exists for leagues one and two.

Perhaps the premier league will introduce a europa league play off format at the end of the season for teams 5-8 to replace the 'fun' part of  a day out at Wembley for  clubs like us, West Ham, Everton etc.

13 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

It will be this, for sure.

Probably correct, I hate the league Cup.

It's of no value to the big teams, and anybody else would rather just not play in it.

Then winning it essentially means nothing. A cup that says you were arsed when nobody could be.

Â