The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Aguero getting a statute beside Silva and kompany. Jesus wept. Makes the Michael jackson statue look tasteful, at least he was dead. 

He is the top scorer in the clubs history, no different to the Henry, Adams or Begkamp statues at Arsenal

12 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He's the best out and out striker the PL has ever seen.

Dunno

Said before my problem with aguero isnt necessarily his, its man city's and the PLs in general too but I'm just left a bit cold by him

Incredible player no doubt, incredible scoring record but I'm not going to stick man City on TV on a Sunday afternoon to watch aguero, was the same for silva and toure but also other strikers like defoe and van nistlerooy probably kane too, it's harsh on him but that's my reality, he doesn't wet my whistle 

The get out clause is obviously you can say Henry or bergkamp werent out and out strikers, 2 players I would happily watch as a neutral, bergkamp being my favourite non villa PL player 

1 minute ago, HongKongVillan said:

Wild Cards = just in case if Manure/Liverpool finishes in 7th place and beyond?

The original noise about this came from Milan I think 

Whats the weighting of the coefficient? How many times can arsenal make the latter stages of the EL without winning it before theirs is high enough to qualify? 

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The original noise about this came from Milan I think 

Whats the weighting of the coefficient? How many times can arsenal make the latter stages of the EL without winning it before theirs is high enough to qualify? 

Currently the best 4 teams not in Champions League spots are Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs and Roma or if its a 10 year ranking you remove Roma for Schalke :D 1 win in 27 this season

• Haha 2

so United and CIty now wont be signing Mino players. What a piece of shit. He wanted us to give Abel Hernandez 100k a week in The Championship

Football super-agent Mino Raiola has claimed that Manchester United's decision to re-sign Paul Pogba in 2016 vindicated him in his battles with Alex Ferguson. 

Raiola was the reported source of much consternation when it was said in 2012 that his demands for Pogba had proved more than Ferguson and United were willing to part with.

One of the club's brightest academy players, the eventual World Cup winner departed the club for Juventus in 2012 after failing to agree on a new deal.

Speaking to The Athletic, Raiola has sought to clarify that it was in fact the former Manchester United manager Ferguson himself who did not want Paul Pogba in the first place.

"When Ferguson criticised me, that was my biggest compliment anybody could give me," remarked Raiola, the Italian once described as a "bad agent, a shitbag" by Ferguson following Pogba's departure.

"Ferguson is used to people coming in and, ‘Yes, sir. Yes, sir. Yes, sir. Yes, sir’. All I have to say that when Ferguson left Manchester United the club’s owner (the Glazers), by buying back Paul Pogba, told me that I was right.

"Because I didn’t want to take Paul Pogba away. He (Ferguson) didn’t believe in Paul Pogba. So when Ferguson says, ‘I don’t like him’, it’s the biggest compliment that I could have.

"It’s like saying Sepp Blatter says, ‘I don’t like him’. Fantastic. I don’t care what Ferguson says."

Where the likes of Ferguson and Manchester United can carry a certain gravitas for people in football, Raiola insisted that he has no such concerns.

"I don’t give a **** if I never do another player with Manchester United," he stated. "I’m not in their hands. I’m independent."

Elsewhere, the super-agent sought to clarify further his (non)relationship with Manchester City boss, Pep Guardiola.

"As for Mr Guardiola," he explained, "I’ve closed the book already a long time ago.

"Everybody knows what I think of him personally and he can say what he thinks for me personally. For the rest, I think he’s a great trainer. And that’s how it is.

"I will not shut up for anybody. I’ll give my opinion, I think that it is my right."

https://www.otbsports.com/soccer/mino-raiola-alex-ferguson-pogba-1172609?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR2Gs0OSK6FNtJcwrA7Ck6ERB_BH6bEmLeAp2ePQ3o88iyJzHiCx1tuRZ80#Echobox=1617097590

The game will be officially gone if this nonsense is pushed through.  Is the answer Numberwang? Nobody cares about the group stages and they want it to go to 10 games.  Er right. ££.

Uefa have the backbone of  cooked jelly and have surrendered to the likes of Bara, Real, Liverpool etc. They will have as much influence on this than (sweet) FA does on the Premier League. 

The league cup will either be scrapped or  even further reduced in importance with  probably its european spot going. If its survives it will either be largely a early season tournament, or having the big clubs fielding U23 sides.  It could also be inherently unfair if they make the semi final a one match game with one side getting the home advantage. I  am biased but I think our Leicester game will probably be the last great moment of this competition.

FA replays probably scrapped which can be a real money spinner for small clubs, which are in even deeper trouble after covid. Rich getting richer.

Didn't they try have a second group stages for a few years in the early, heady days of the 2000s and then quickly gave up?

Still I clearly don't matter what is important is the south Asian market who must see the same teams play each other every year in a competition in which they will never actually attend.

Bah.

19 hours ago, villa89 said:

Aguero getting a statute beside Silva and kompany. Jesus wept. Makes the Michael jackson statue look tasteful, at least he was dead. 

I don't see the problem with that. The thing with Villa is that our greatest times are always in the past but for City this is the best they have ever had. He has been class for them.

If Grealish scores the winner in the  2022 FA Cup Final I will be all for Jack to be cast in bronze.

• Like 1

Â