The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

Cash and Lamptey got injured at the wrong time it seems.

If we're getting such call-ups at RB where there's already a shit ton, I wonder what this means for LB? Luke Shaw and/or Matt Targett surely should be in line for a call up?

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think we should invite Rangers and Celtic to play in the Premier league.

But only if they merge into a single Glasgow club first.

At least the fans would be so busy fighting amongst themselves they wouldn't smash up all the English cities...........Manchester 2008😠

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Cash and Lamptey got injured at the wrong time it seems.

If we're getting such call-ups at RB where there's already a shit ton, I wonder what this means for LB? Luke Shaw and/or Matt Targett surely should be in line for a call up?

Shaw must be close but I think he'll go with chilwell and saka if both are fit, that's not a form issue 

I don't watch utd either but what's happened to wan bissaka? £50m first choice man utd player is seemingly 9th choice for England, that's got to be a first 

It does seem like this squad could be an experimental one, ayling, Bamford, maybe konsa even bigger maybe Ollie 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Shaw must be close but I think he'll go with chilwell and saka if both are fit, that's not a form issue 

I don't watch utd either but what's happened to wan bissaka? £50m first choice man utd player is seemingly 9th choice for England, that's got to be a first 

It does seem like this squad could be an experimental one, ayling, Bamford, maybe konsa even bigger maybe Ollie 

Shaw has been much better than Chilwell this season. 

Wan Bissaka just isn't very good going forward. He is ridiculous at defending though, nothing gets past him, but he doesn't really resemble the modern full back. He's like the complete opposite to TAA and James. That's why I think Cash is a good pick, because he's a nice hybrid of the two styles.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I don't think Ayling should be anywhere near an England squad personally.

Makes flashy 50 yard runs every 5 minutes with the ball, not got much else about him at this level.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Shaw has been much better than Chilwell this season. 

Wan Bissaka just isn't very good going forward. He is ridiculous at defending though, nothing gets past him, but he doesn't really resemble the modern full back. He's like the complete opposite to TAA and James. That's why I think Cash is a good pick, because he's a nice hybrid of the two styles.

Chilwell is absolutely dire, he isnt even 1st choice at Chelsea anymore

Shows Southgate is a gutless clown

5 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Luke Ayling is apparently going to get called up to the England Squad.

He is probably the 8th best English right back at the moment if going through the list. Is 4 English right backs starting in this round of European games for a start plus Cash, Lamptey and maybe one or two more 

14 hours ago, Xela said:

Exactly. Competition will get devalued if its every 2 years. I'm already struggling with the fact its going to be held in Qatar, in winter. 

Yeah that’s ruined it a little for me. International tournaments, sunshine, bbq’s, beer, friends, shorter period without football. World Cup summers are the best. Qatar don’t want, need nor really care for football, decision made on marketing and not the traditions and love of the game. 

Good riddance Sepp Blatter and Platini those words removed. 

Edited by Tommo_b
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Chilwell is absolutely dire, he isnt even 1st choice at Chelsea anymore

Shows Southgate is a gutless clown

I agree Shaw should be getting a call-up when he's playing really well, but Chilwell is not 'absolutely dire', come on.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I agree Shaw should be getting a call-up when he's playing really well, but Chilwell is not 'absolutely dire', come on.

I think he is good going forward but defensively woeful

8 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Qatar don’t want, need nor really care for football, decision made on marketing and not the traditions and love of the game. 

+ plenty of brown envelopes as well. 

On 18/03/2021 at 18:19, Xela said:

+ plenty of brown envelopes as well. 

The various members of the various FAs are facing a 4 week football tournament which they'll be flown out to first class via Qatar Airways, goodie bags on arrival from both the organisers and the sponsors, taken to their brand new 5* Hotel suite with more goodies from the hotel, they'll have a company credit card in their back pocket but the Michelin star restaurants are all fully comped, they're driven to the games along brand new roads in chauffeur driven maybachs, they'll watch the game in incredible corporate facilities with gifts from other FAs and more sponsors, any food and drink they want they can have, then after the games they'll go to parties on billionaires yachts with celebrities and models and more goodies 

They don't need brown envelopes to be corrupt

they're about to have the time of their lives in ways that are considered to be perfectly acceptable to FIFA

As long as each goodie is under the $10.000 threshold of course, no watches this time 

The level of gratuity and corporate hospitality in the name of football will be downright vulgar 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 4

Will we have more then one 3pm kickoff on Saturdays next season? As much as I’ve enjoyed having all the games televised I do miss the Saturday kickoffs and checking the scores. 

8pm kick offs on Saturday and Sunday’s... are meh, and what purpose do they serve? 

4 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Will we have more then one 3pm kickoff on Saturdays next season? As much as I’ve enjoyed having all the games televised I do miss the Saturday kickoffs and checking the scores. 

8pm kick offs on Saturday and Sunday’s... are meh, and what purpose do they serve? 

I suspect we'll go back to business as usual as soon as they can allow fans back in stadiums, which will be a shame in some ways.

Every game being available to watch live should be here to stay, even if it's online/on the red button. The dinosaurs at the PL will drag us back 20 years as soon as it's possible to do so, I reckon.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I suspect we'll go back to business as usual as soon as they can allow fans back in stadiums, which will be a shame in some ways.

Every game being available to watch live should be here to stay, even if it's online/on the red button. The dinosaurs at the PL will drag us back 20 years as soon as it's possible to do so, I reckon.

Agree but not with the kick off times split so that no games clash 

They need to go back to "normal" kick off times with 3 or 4 games spread out to Saturday dinnertime, 5pm Sunday afternoon etc

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

There will be season tickets sold for next season - you can't expect fans to be able to organise their working lives around kick off times that are as spread as these have been and I like to think that the supporters in the ground still matter more than those on a couch somewhere in the world.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

There will be season tickets sold for next season - you can't expect fans to be able to organise their working lives around kick off times that are as spread as these have been and I like to think that the supporters in the ground still matter more than those on a couch somewhere in the world.

I agree, and while I didn't say so explicitly, that's why I mentioned via the red button/online. I'm all for getting games back to normal times, but if they think I'm paying Sky, BT and Amazon so I can get every (broadcast) game to watch maybe a third of our matches, they can do one. 

I'd like to get to more games, but I can't, and it's ridiculous to not be able to watch a sellout game due to TV rights when people on the other side of the world can watch it live.

• Like 2

Â